"Rehan why? Why do you want me? What am I supposed to do at those parties?", I said getting up.

"Just be there. Just be. Ananya please don't ask questions. Please join in."

"No look. I think you are getting some wrong signals. I don't want to be your arm candy in these parties. You know what I mean. Right?", He gives me a confused look. "Like whatever happened in Toronto when Katherine came, to sharing the same room, I have no intentions. Get that straight. I have never told you this because I knew you were going through something difficult. I didn't want hurt you."

"Fine. If this is what you think I'm up to I think you have not known me enough. I'm in no position to ask you for anything. You have already given me enough. May be you just don't know. To know someone like you who properly knows how to give me space, when is one's 'I need a friend' phase. you have been there. The only reason I want you to join me is because me involved in this project is only because of you. How unknowingly you have shown confidence in me. How beautiful each day is with your cheerful smile and Good Morning! How you motivate me to get out and do best for my work. My dedication towards my work has increased only because of your dedication towards yours. I always wanted to do what I am doing but once I started, there was no extended goal. Everyother journalist out there wants to know if I broke up or no, what I'm eating ,drinking, who am I going out and stuff like that and you, whom I would answer is not interested. why? Because you trust me. you know this will irritate me. It will boggle me down. You have advised me so correctly without knowing my problems. Nobody would let me stay in their house for so long even though for who I am. You could have easily told me to move out to a hotel. But you realized I don't need a place to stay but a companion to be with. From this blazer to the car I used today. everything is because of you. You are my best friend. What more do I want from you? Everything is not about love and physical relationship. If I wanted to, I would have already taken a step .I have had enough chances. Still if you don't want to join me. Your call. Nobody can force you, strong girl."

"Umm...", I had no words. "Look I'm Sorry. I'm just a bit I mean I... "

"It's ok.", he said heading towards his room.

"Rehan, I didn't mean what I spoke. Although I always do but not this time. I was just trying to avoid the situation."

"Why?", he stops by the corridor.

"You know this whole media thing, the stories, the articles. Me being the reason for your breakup doesn't give me a good vibe. I would never think anything wrong about you. I trust you, but your life, its situations are not normal. Lakhs of people out there want to know what going on. And I don't want to be a part of this public figure image.", I hope to be convincing.

"But it's not something new. you have attended media conferences, events earlier also."

"I know but it's different now. Everywhere I go they ask me about you, Katherine and stupid stuff. I know I'm over reacting but it's just moved the focus of my work. People now know me as your friend or whatever they want to call it. I'm losing my identity with you."

"You are right. I know it irritates and not only you every person including myself who wants to secure their life, their identity but it's a part and parcel of being in friendship with me. umm .I'm just joking. Forget it. Shoot from day after. Hibernating until then. Goodnight."

"I'll come along. I will."

"Are you normal? When I ask you to join me you don't want to come, when I tell you don't come you want to join in. Like does your brain work in a reverse mechanism?"

"Yes it does. What time tomorrow?", I ask.

"8, but don't force yourself."

"You know it's been tiring for a few days so it would just be at a break and of course to meet the beloved Katherine. How could I miss it.", a devilish smile.

"God. OK then. Thank You."

"Thank you. What did you just say?", the killer look.

"Nothing. Anyways you know what there is one more reason for you being there."

"What?", sounded just like wha.....at

"It's a family time called for with family members."

"I'm not your family."

"Not at present. But we could have a small beautiful family someday. You know like a happy family.", he says giving me the most vicious smile.

"Rehan? You are crazy. All that you just said was..."

"Was true but just give it a thought.. You....me..."

"and no one..shut up.", I cut his words.

"So you don't want anyone. hmm a situation like the one prevailing currently. You me and no one in the house and you said you have no such intentions.", he steps forward.

"No I don't. You know what you are gone mad and if you irritate me a little more you are killed. So goodnight Mr.Kundra.", I push him.

"Arre..what's wrong with me. You would never find guy like me. Hot, dashing, caring, handsome, loving.."

"Ohh Mr.Adjectives. Stop haan. Otherwise go to the party alone."

"OK sorry. Just joking."

That moment Sanya and Daniel came back. Good they didn't hear our conversation.

"Goodnight everyone.", I said going back to my room.

(Being close to their celebrity crush is every fangirls dream. But there has to be a break to dreaming. Rehan has definitely become a very close friend. But not taking an advantage of it, is what makes Ananya stand out.

Share, Comment and Vote.

Hit that star down.)