Before, During, and After The Kiss

We open up with Ashlyn and Ej talking about the date being cancelled which then leads to Ashlyn explaining to Gina what she found out and how I feel like Gina would've handled the situation.

Ashlyn's POV

Ok so I couldn't help but notice that Ej came in here kinda like he had just got done crying which is something I have never seen from my cousin and we grew up together. I'm so confused because I thought him and Gina had their big risotto date tonight and they both seemed so excited for it. Now Gina's in here and she looks so red in the eyes but still somehow has a smile on her face. This is making no sense whatsoever, I need to talk to Eej about this. I know they like each other so much and I'm going to make sure whatever is happening gets fixed.

Once Gina sat down and Ej was distracted she walked up to him, pulled up a chair and sat right next to him. She could now really see the glint of tears in the crevasses of his eyes and it just broke her heart.

Ashlyn: Eej, I could tell from across the room that you were hurting and now that I'm up close I can confirm it. Don't even try to deny it, I know you better than anyone in this room. What happened to the risotto date you and Gina had planned? Look I know it's my opening night but y'all's happiness is way more important than this. We have other shows and more parties to come in the future. Explain?

Ej: I wish I could say but I don't know anything anymore Ash. Right after I got done singing The Mob Song I went back out in the hallways for some air and Jamie was back there.

Ashlyn: Jamie? Who's Jamie?

Ej: Gina's big brother. Gina's mom couldn't make it so she sent Jamie instead. I was there when Gina got the text from her mom saying that she couldn't make it. She was very shocked but happy to see him. So I went out in the halls and he was there too. I was a bit star struck when I was talking to him because I couldn't believe I was talking to someone who was also related to Gina that wasn't her mom. So we talked and in the midst of the conversation he told me that he was glad that...Gina had a big brother figure in her life...

Ashlyn: Big Brother figure? Is that what she really said?

Ej: I don't know Ash, it's coming from her brother who apparently also got this intel from her mom. Maybe I read the signs wrong this whole time...if you're okay with it Ash I'm going to head out early. I'm really not feeling tonight anymore.

Ashlyn: Yeah that's okay Eej, but something about this isn't sitting right in my gut. We will talk more okay cuz?

Ej: K...

Ej grabs his bag, looks back at Ash one last time, then walks out the door. Ashlyn then notices Gina was now sitting alone and takes her chance to talk to her about this situation. She walks over and she can still see her eyes are still a tint of red.

Ashlyn: Hey roomie, how's it going?

Gina: It's going okay. Tonight has been a whirlwind of emotions.

Ashlyn: Well I guess I am slightly the cause of those emotions. I am so sorry, if I had known that you thought of Ej as a big brother I would've given you very different advice over these past few weeks.

At first it didn't register in Gina's head what she had said...but when she realized her eyes grew wide and her hand went to her mouth.

Gina: Wait Ashlyn, where did you get that crazy idea from?

Ashlyn: I got it from Ej...who got it from your brother...who got that from your mother.

Gina: My brother! My brother barely knows anything about me because he has been in and out of my life for years. As forth my mother, I haven't told her much about Ej so I don't know where she got that idea from either. I cannot believe this is happening, I have to go Ash thank you!