A Little Bit of Fluff

Start from the beginning

" Tsukauchi just called. You've got a meeting with AFO tomorrow morning, 10am." He said.

" I'll be up at 7." She said, giving him a small smile. He gave her a soft smile, brushing hair from her face.

" If anything happens, feel free to take the day off. I'll cover saying you're visiting Naomi." He said, taking his hand away again. She nodded, looking at her pillow before looking back at him.

" She isn't doing well, is she?" She watched Aizawa let out a low sigh, shaking his head.

" I'm sorry, sweetheart. Naomi's...Naomi's not going to live much longer. The toxin has finally reached her lungs and she's....she's on life-support." He kept his face hidden from her broken expression, only hearing her shuddered breath. She sat up from her position on the bed, hugging her Father's side. He turned into the hug, petting her head lightly. He cooed to her.

" I'm so sorry, Kaori, this year's been a real mess. I don't know how you're balancing it all, but I'm so proud of you for staying my big, strong girl. Things are gonna clear up soon, and you'll finally be able to take a fresh breath of air, I promise-" The moment he spoke those words, she had to interrupt. Her grip tightened on him as small tears leaked from the corners of her eyes.

" Please.." She whispered. " I can't do it...I can't see another promise broken...Don't make any promises that you can't keep...it just makes it worse..." She burrowed her head into his shoulder, breathing in ragged breaths of sorrow and anger. He held her tighter upon hearing these words, giving a soft confirmation. He left, kissing her forehead and giving her a quiet good night. She lay down in her bed, starring into the darkness. She sighed heavily, wiping the tears from her eyes. She waited till she could hear no more footsteps, no talking. She crept out of her room, quiet as a mouse, slipping into Bakugou's promptly. She looked around after shutting the door, a smile already making its way to her face. It spoke Bakugou. He even had his Hero Costume print on his bed sheets. She took a spot on his bed, waiting silently. An hour passed. She flipped through her phone, scrolling through Wattpad. She came across a book titled THE SECRETS, her picture and her brother's as the cover.

" What the fuc-" She spoke out-loud, close to tapping on it before she heard the door open. She looked up, quick to stand as she saw Bakugou there, fists clenched. He had a bandage on his face, a few scratches and burn marks on his arm. She walked towards him, about to ask why he looked so beat up, but was silenced as he enveloped her in a hug. After a moment of confusion, she hugged back, hearing soft-whimpers. She rubbed his head lightly, remembering how much he'd liked it the first time. He let go after a moment, staring at her with a sorrowful, angry expression. She cupped his face lightly, giving a small smile.

" You don't have to talk, but at least tell me why you have bandages." She requested, in a soft whisper. She clenched his teeth lightly, biting the inside of his cheek.

" I'm mad I failed the exam. I'm supposed to be the best at everything! I've always beaten Deku, but now he's better than me! I got in a fight with him, I wanted to show him I would always be stronger than him! But then I went too far and I told him how I felt. About Kamino, about the Licensing Exam, about you..." He paused for a moment, fresh tears rolling down his soft cheeks. He sniffled, sucking up the courage to continue. " I couldn't even tell you..! I just kept bottling it up! I-I don't know what's wrong with me!" His voice cracked at the end as he tried to hide his face away from her. She smiled sadly, knowing that feeling all too well. She hugged him gently, resting her head against his.

" I bottle things up, too," She admitted. He hummed lowly, silencing his sniffles. She let go, letting out a shaky breath.

" During Kamino...I found out Tomura Shigaraki was my brother, Tenko Shimura. I had that breakdown, because I couldn't comprehend the fact that my big brother was alive this whole time," She gripped onto her locket, letting out another breath. It was time she let things out, too. " I've bottled up a lot of things, too,, and I try to be calm and stoic like everybody thinks, but even the best of us can't avoid the cracks." She admitted. He looked at her, eyes round with surprise as sadness consumed them. His eyes softened, realizing that things were going on in all their lives. He realized that Deku could've felt as stupid and guilty as he did all those years he bullied him. He let a sigh escape his throat, catching Kaori's attention. She held out her pinky to his, a smile returning to her face. He looped his pinky with her's, smiling with a faint chuckle. He held up their looped pinkies.

" I like this. It's our...special way of comfort." He proclaimed, lifting her pinky to his, giving it a small kiss. She flushed red, but pulled him toward the bed, sitting on it lightly. He flopped down onto it, his head in her lap.

" Emotions are so confusing, right?" He tried to joke, looking up at her. She chuckled, running her fingers through his blond mane.

" They're a little more bearable with you here." She said, watching him stick her tongue at her, grumbling she was a sap. She chuckled, maneuvering her body to lay down beside him. He curled up into her side, resting his head in the crook of her neck. She hooked her arms around him, finally feeling the peace of sleep capture her.

" Goodnight, Bakugou. I love you."

" Yeah, love you, too, Firecracker."

. . .

" Oh, yeah, I also got suspended for 3 days."

" WHAT-?!"