"Ready?" Ollie's voice forces my attention up from my phone.

Holy shit.

I have to pick my jaw off the floor when I see her in a pair of weathered, tight, grey jeans and an off-the-shoulder lace bralette. I don't think I've ever seen Ollie show this much skin, even when she's surfing. The most shocking part is her makeup. Ollie's never worn makeup. With only a gruff dad to raise her, she's never really been into pretty frilly things.

"You're going to freeze your ass off." That is the only thing I can manage to say as I try to shake off the thoughts of how pretty she looks.

Ollie's shoulders drop before she rolls her eyes. "I'm going to wear a jacket." She holds up a thin jean jacket. It won't even block the wind, much less guard her against road rash if we crash.

"You're going to need something heavier than that." I push up from the recliner and pocket my phone.

"Wear my jacket." Tee offers and pulls it off the padded kitchen chair she draped it over.

"I can't wear that, Tee." Ollie eyes the jacket with a mermaid stitched into the back. It's a jacket that our motorcycle club members give to their girlfriends when they start getting serious, like a promise ring for our biker babes. It's a jacket that I was saving up to get for Becca right before I caught her in bed with Creed.

"Oh sure you can." Tee shoves the jacket at her and takes the jean one out of Ollie's hand. Ollie reluctantly puts it on.

It looks good on her. I know when Andy gave Tee one, Ollie mentioned once that she was looking forward to the day a pirate makes her a siren. I guess she means Korbin when he gets patched. I doubt that ass will ever get his head out of his own butt long enough to jacket her.

"Ready?" I gesture to the door.

Ollie nods before grabbing her wallet out of her purse and stuffing it in an inner pocket of Tee's jacket. We quickly tell Tee bye and head to the drive where my pride and joy is parked in the gravel weed-infested driveway.

Once I make sure mine and Ollie's helmets are secured, I hop onto my bike. Ollie slips on behind me and squeezes her thighs around me, letting me know she's ready to go. Her hand gently rests on my hips as the bike kicks up a few loose pieces of gravel before we turn onto the street. It's a long drive to the rural part of Mer Harbor, and when we get on the turnpike, I let it rip. The wind whistles past us. I can feel Ollie jittering with excitement. She loves being on the back of a bike as much as I do. It isn't until I feel her grip on my hips lighten that I slow it down. I hate when she lets go, but it's her favorite thing to do on rides.

Glancing back in my mirror, I see Ollie's hands raise and spread like wings as she tilts her head back. The breeze whips her golden curls around in an angelic hurricane. If she took off flying, I wouldn't be shocked.

It's like staring at a piece of art in a gallery but also scaring the shit out of me. "Hang on!" I snap at her over my shoulder. One misjudged jerk, and she'll go tumbling off the back.

Thankfully, she hears me. Her hands drop down and wrap tightly around my waist as she curls into me. It takes us about an hour and a half to get to the crowded fairgrounds, but we make it to the field filled with parked cars just as the sun is setting. The sky is painted in orange, pink, and purple hues. Nightfall will make this haunted event even more enjoyable.

Not too far away, large tents and lights call to us, as screams of joy mingle with the sounds of carnival music. Even the air is filled with the smell of greasy food, beckoning us to come closer and get lost in the world of amusement.

I get off the bike after Ollie and put the helmets away, but before I can even ask what she wants to do first. She takes my hand and starts dragging me off toward the crowd.