Joe was listening to her the whole time, carefully. He gave her a reassuring smile, which soon turned into a frown, "You are right! But Andrea won't let us come out if she gets to know this isn't cleared yet"

Taylor pinned her lips together and after a moment, she blurted, "Acting! We can pretend like we both are clear now"

"Yes, we can pretend and then, everyone will get what they wanted!" Joe said.

Andrea knocked on the door, "Taylor, sweetie, can I come in?"

Taylor looked at Joe and did some fake laugh, "Yeah mom, come in"

There comes Andrea, with her hands wide open, wanting to hug Taylor and Joe, with a wide smile. Both of them stood up and went into Andrea's arms. "My cuties. God bless you both"

"Thank you Andrea" Joe said.

------------------------------

They all were having dinner. They were all excited, looking forward to the wedding. Suddenly, Joe's phone began to ring.

"Excuse me, I have to take this" Joe asked them politely and went aside to attend the call. It was Patrick.

On the call.............

"Yes, what?" Joe asked.

"Did you two resolve the fight?" Patrick asked.

"I am busy here. So I'll call you later. Okay?" Joe asked, thinking that things didn't really get right with Taylor, so he didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

"Okay, fine. Bye!"

Joe hung up. He went back to the table and took his seat. Taylor looked at Joe and asked, "Who was it?"

"Oh, it was Patty. He was asking if things got right between us" Joe nervously chuckled.

"Its nice to see how both the brothers care so much about you two" Scott said.

Austin smiled. He always secretly loved Joe because he was someone who brought a smile on his darling sister when no one could.

The dinner was done. Austin was helping Andrea in the kitchen while Taylor and Joe were sitting with Scott. Taylor and Joe stood up and said, "We think we'll be going now. I have to feed the cats also"

"Why didn't you bring them here. We barely get to see those cuties now" Scott laughed.

"I didn't think I'll be here for the whole day" She answered.

There was an awkward silence now in the room. Taylor said, breaking the silence, "Mom, can I stay with you for just two days? I mean you know, then I'll get married and all so....."

"Sure sweetie! You didn't have to ask for it" Andrea replied.

Taylor went towards the door as Joe left. They did a brief talk.

"So, you'll take care of the cats, right?" Taylor asked.

"Yes yes, they are my cats too now" Joe said with a forceful smile.

Taylor took Joe's hand in hers and said, "Thank you so much for understanding me"

Joe left the house, putting on a fake smile on his face, but deep down, he was trying to process the fact that things were still not right between them. It hurt Taylor a lot to talk about needing time. But she just thought it was for the best. Joe never wanted time. But he understood her needs and did what she wanted. Both of them were anyway, not prepared to spend the next 2 days without each other.