Concentrate - NR

this is just an idea i had and it's really fluffy tbf

Mama! Nat. Reader is 6.

Nat's POV

Me and all the team were sat watching some shitty TV show when my alarm went off to pick Y/N up from school. "Nat. Turn that shit off" Tony sulked throwing a pillow towards me. I easily caught it and threw it back at him twice as hard.

"I'm gonna go pick Y/N up." I said standing up and stretching my legs and arms. "Ooh yay mini romanoff" Bucky smiled high-giving Sam. Jesus I really do work with kids.
"Right have fun. Bye" I said walking out the room and into the elevator. The last thing I heard was Tony say "I swear she's only soft for Y/N." I chuckled and stuck my finger up at him with a smirk on my face.

I went to the garage and got into my car, discreet but smooth and looks pretty good. The drive to Y/N's school is only around 15 minutes so to make it go quicker I switch on the radio. A small chuckle comes from me when the song that comes on is 'American Pie'.

"So bye-bye miss american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
but the levy was dry
and them good ol' boys were drinking
whiskey and rye!
Singing this'll be the day that I die."

I sang along to the lyrics bopping my head up and down to the song remembering my life back in Ohio. It actually reminded me too ok invite Yelena over for dinner tonight. That's if it's not too hectic.

Not long after the song finished I pulled up outside the school and got out to find Y/N. A few kids came up to me and asked if I was black widow and they got photos. Then I saw Y/N speed running down the pavement and ran into my arms. "Hey my darling." I kissed her forehead and and set her on my hip. "Mama I made a friend." She spoke pointing towards another young girl, she looked younger than Y/N but she was holding her mums hand. Well I assume it's her mum.

"Hi, Miss Romanoff. This is Rosie. She tells me Your little one and her have made friends" The woman coos looking at my daughter. "Yeah this is Y/N and Rosie I must say Y/N says the same thing about you" I smile softly.
"Mama, can Rosie come round for a play date one day?" Y/N says pulling her head out of my neck. "Well one day maybe, but you've got homework tonight love" I smiled.
"Yeah I better go get this one home. It was nice speaking to you Miss Romanoff!" The lady said walking away with a soft smile.

I carried Y/N into the back seat of the car, before strapping her into the car seat. "You're very pretty mama." She said as I was buckling in her seatbelt. I smiled up at her and booped her nose causing her to giggle and pat her lips asking for a kiss. I pecked her lips and finished doing up her seatbelt.

I made my way around the the drivers seat and started the car. My head turned round to make sure Y/N was okay and she was looking outside the window with a smile on her face. I turned the radio on and Y/N began humming along to the song before babbling on about her day. Hearing her talk like this is so special as a mum. Every word coming out of her mouth is what she feels, what she's experienced and I was the one that bought her into this world. That little bundle of shy happiness is mine. Mine to protect. Mine to adore. Mine to hold.

We got back home and I helped undo her seatbelt and carried her indoors. It's Friday so it means she's got homework to do and then she's free to do whatever for the weekend. "Mama can I do my homework tomorrow? I'll be a good girl I promise" She said hiding her face in my neck. She's so shy to ask these things. She always has been a more shy girl. "No baby, you know the rules. No playing till you do your homework. Plus I've got a surprise for you if you do it all tonight." I said holding her as we got into the elevator.