Change - SJ

Warnings: angst, swearing, sad and depressing shit again, sorry :)

Reader is Scarlett's 16 year old daughter. Can you tell I put like actual life stories of mine into this book yet? Haha I have mommy issues..

All in readers POV.

All rights reserved! This is my story!

I can't believe this. I've had to have had at least 4 different dads in my life already and now mum is with Colin (no hate to Colin he is such an amazing person). I don't think I can be anything but jealous and betrayed. Ever since Rose was born I have been the second option and now I'm even behind Colin. Whenever I ask mu- Scarlett something it's always "maybe later I have something with Colin" or "I'm working Y/N" or "I'm with your sister right now, ask me when I'm not busy" and I'm sick of it.

It's officially been 3 months of me doing everything in my power for Scarlett to look at me as her daughter again. I had things from bowling to movie nights to board games all thought of. She didn't want to do a single one with me. I actually once got into a fight at school and she didn't even come to pick me up when the school rang. And when I got home she took one look at my bloodied up and bruised face and told me that 'I'm ruining the Johansson name'. I'm done. Months and months of being ignored that changes today.

I stormed downstairs and saw Scarlett sat on the sofa reading. Colin and Rose were out so it was just me and her. When I got close enough I snatched the book out of her hands and threw it across the room, smashing a vase. "Why on earth would you do that! You stupid girl!" She shouted at me then ran over to the vase and started picking the pieces up. "Oh so now you acknowledge me? Is that all it takes for you to look at me?" I said. I ensured to walk in front of her to stop her from doing anything just so that she would talk to me. "You know what, you used to be so kind. You should be more like Rose. You should change." My eyes started swelling. "What the fuck do you mean by that?" I said growing more angry.

The more angry I got the more I could feel my eyes burning from holding in tears. "You know what I mean. You've changed Y/N. I can't look at you as my daughter anymore." She said, staring directly into my eyes. I could see the guilt instantly wash over her. "Wait, Y-" she tried to continue. "Don't. I agree Scarlett. For the past few months I have always been the back-up plan. I never get to spend time with you anymore cause your too busy to even look at me so I have to do stupid shit like throwing books out of you hands just for you to see that I'm still living here too. I'm so sick of this bullshit. You can't hate me one second and then the next want me to come crawling back into your arms like a baby. I'm not 4 anymore Scarlett and I'm done being treated like an outcast. You used to tell me never to change for anybody and here you are going against your own words telling me to change to be more like your other daughter that is more special in your eyes." I was balling at this point and I could see how bad she felt but I wasn't falling for it.

"I just wanted to spend time with you. But I'm sorry I am not a perfect daughter like Rose. I'm sorry that I'm a disappointment to you. I'm sorry I could've done better. But the truth is Scarlett all I ever wanted was you. All I ever needed was you. And now look at us. You haven't even noticed that my hand is bleeding from forcing that glass out of your hand just to talk to me. When I was younger if I had a papercut and you'd run a million miles just to buy a plaster but now If I broke my leg I would have to call an ambulance myself."

After my rant Scarlett was frozen and I tried to walk away but my legs gave in and I was sat on my knees, crying endlessly. It didn't take long for me to be engulfed in someone's arms. "W-why don't y-you l-love me mum..." I said crying into her shoulder, "I-I only ever w-wanted to b-be l-like you mama... I-I j-just wanted y-you.." I said. "I know baby.. I am so sorry... I'm sorry" We were both crying on the floor at this point. I didn't want to forgive her but just to be held in her arms again felt so much better.

"Why don't you let me have a look at that cut on your hand..?" She asked me hesitantly. I didn't move to look at her. So she gently moved my chin and forced me to look at her. "Y/N?" she said. I only nodded in response and her being the strong mama she is picked me up and carried me to the bathroom and sat me down on the counter top. "This is going too hurt, baby. So if you need to just grab my hand." she said. "Nothing could hurt more than you ignoring me" I mumbled under my breath and it's obvious to me that she heard it as she put down the wipes and sighed.

"I really am sorry Y/N. I don't know why I ignored you. I was selfish and stupid and reckless. I know that it is going to take time to earn that trust back with you. I'm sorry I hurt you I really am. I never want to see you upset like that again. Do you understand?" I could only nod at her and she brought me into her embrace once again. I found myself silently crying not wanting anymore sympathy and mum quickly noticed. She pulled away and wiped the few tears away with her thumb. "That means no more tears missy.." she said iwth a light chuckle making me smile. "Is that a smile? Did I just see you smile?" She said. I pulled my hands up to cover my face and she only moved my hands away. "Don't hide from me.. I need to see that gorgeous smile on my daughter. Look at it! I didn't know you could get anymore beautiful" To hear mum talking to me like this really made me feel like her daughter again. I wasn't ready to forgive her but It's safe to say I was enjoying her company.

Whilst she was talking to me I didn't even notice she had bandaged up my hand I looked up at her in shock. "What? Talking to you whenever you hurt yourself has always distracted you long enough for me to sort it out." I let out a slight chuckle and I felt her grab my hand. I just used this to bring her in to hug me again. I just wanted to be held by her as if she loved me again. As we were hugging, her arms wrapped around underneath me and she lifted me off the counter again. I'm not sure how she does it cause I'm like 5'6 and she's 5'3 but she's always been able to lift me up with ease. "Want to watch a movie?" She asked me and I nodded into her neck.

*time skip 2 months*

Its been a couple of months or so since me and mum started talking again. Things have been better but I'm still yet to forgive her. Everyday she ensures she wakes me up with breakfast in bed and we always cuddle for a good 10 minutes . She always tells me how much she loves me but I can't bring myself to say "I love you too" so every time she says 'sorry' or 'I love you' I just respond with 'I know'. I'm not sure why but I just can't forgive her that quickly. I'm too scared to get to know her again.

Maybe one day soon we'll be a happy family again like we once were, but until then... I think I'm content with what I've got.