𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙫. secret rendezvous

( CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: SECRET RENDEZVOUS  )March, 1993

March, 1993

❝ come to LA with me. ❞

"Come here!" Devon's loud cheer boomed through his apartment, his excited tone matching up with his elated smile. He grappled through the halls, sneakers zooming across the wooden floors as he chased after Janet, who quickly dashed around the corners of the apartment, lost in angelic fits of giggles.

The noise that they garnered made Devon surprised that he hadn't received an eviction notice yet, given his rather springy activities over the last couple of days left the walls leaking with noise. And yet, right at that very second, he didn't care about possibly getting kicked out of his place. His neighbours and the landlord had to understand. If they were in his shoes, spending all the hours of the week playing, wrestling and loving on Janet Jackson, they'd do the exact same thing.

And so, the sounds of their laughter, their tussling, their words of affirmation and, well... sounds of delight, were rigorously echoing from Devon's apartment with no shame whatsoever. It was the sweetest period in Devon's life, the sweetest moment in any new relationship—the honeymoon phase—where everything was perfect.

Devon had to admit, there was barely anything that could fault these moments, and despite the fact that their intimacy brought back strong similarities to the harrowing months of 1990, something about their chemistry felt fresh. It was like he was fearless.

"You can't run forever!" Devon yelled with a sly smile, eyes fixated on Janet's piete body, which childishly escaped the narrow grips of Devon's arms. She flinched and dashed away whenever he was close to catching her, the two deciding that chasing each other around the apartment was a good way to spend time.

The day was spent talking, play fighting and of course, making love, several times. And even though it was nearing the late afternoon, neither of them showed signs of fatigue. With those sweet thoughts, Devon scrambled around the corner of the hall, his heart lurching in surprise when he saw Janet suddenly turning around to face him.

With no warning whatsoever, she jumped forward, circling around him and hopping on his back. Devon almost wobbled over at the action, his head craning up once he felt strands of Janet's caramel hair tickling his forehead. "Got ya," Janet whispered, leaning down to lay a kiss on his cheek.

Her arms were tightly coiled around his shoulders, and Devon found it hard to fight in the need to smile. "Oh, you wanna play dirty now?" Devon teasingly asked, tilting his head up so that he could face her. He swore, every time he laid eyes on her, his breath was taken away by how beautiful she was. And he let her know, every single day, giving him the impression that Janet was annoyingly smothered with his heartfelt forms of praise.