𝙞𝙞𝙞. moonwalker

( CHAPTER THREE: MOONWALKER )January, 1992

January, 1992

let me give you a lil' lesson on
how we do things in harlem. ❞

Devon was surprised to see that his family hadn't fainted yet. The young man made sure to plan out their trip to Los Angeles beforehand, wanting them to be wowed by the exclusive sets and the large domineering lots that Devon worked at. When they landed in LAX airport, Bobby was kind enough to send a car to pick them up. And by car, he certainly meant limousine. When they arrived on the set of Bobby's video, Devon was eagerly waiting in the parking lot, filled with childlike enthusiasm at the thought of seeing his family again.

Although he had only been in LA for a week, the time he spent back home in Harlem was very brief, since he's been travelling non-stop as of late. His stint working with Whitney Houston on her last tour kept him away from a long time, and despite knowing that his family didn't like his absence, all of them were still incredibly supportive of his dreams. Well, almost all of them.

Devon's eyes brightened once he saw the black, stretched out vehicle stopping right in front of him. Unsurprisingly, TJ was the first person to pop out, his small, energetic form bouncing out of the door and tackling Devon in hug. The young dancer wobbled over, thankful that he was taller and larger than TJ, since he was able to withstand TJ's rough bear-hugs. "Ayyyee, what up asshole?!" TJ yelled, hanging off Devon's form.

"What's up wit you?!" Devon brashly asked, watching as his friend's smile immediately dropped once Devon wrapped his head in a headlock and immediately gifted him with a noogie, to the protests of TJ. "Are y'all done?" Devon's uncle asked, his large body sliding out of the limousine and stalking over to the two childish males.

"Hey unc!" Devon cheered, his arm loosening from around TJ's neck as the male parted ways to give his family member an animated hug. As Devon's uncle lifted him from the ground, his kind brown eyes examined his nephew with incredibly pride. "Why—you've gotten so big!" The older man cheered, noting Devon's new physique, which made the young man laugh, "You're puttin' me to shame, growing all these muscles!"

Devon cackled in response, too shy to acknowledge that he had been putting in extra hours in the gym to grow more muscle. While he was naturally quite slender, Devon wanted to gain more strength in his body so that he could become a stronger, more powerful dancer. That meant eating clean, protein-filled meals, doing heavy lifting and working extra hard to whip his body into shape.

It was safe to say that the results were coming in swimmingly. Devon's chest, arms and legs were more muscular and defined, and he certainly had more energy than ever before. "Man, seeing Dev standing next to you... You really need to hit the gym, old man," TJ noted, examining the large, pudgy older male standing next to the virile, strapping younger man. "Boy—" Devon's uncle warned, raising his hand, causing for TJ to duck for cover.