Chapter 8: The Awaited Dinner

ابدأ من البداية

His mother's happiness is all that matters to him.

"How long have you known each other?"

Stunned by him suddenly opening up to her, Asami grips the steering wheel tightly. A small smile appears on her lips as she breathes in relief.

She thought he was fully against her remarrying another man. It's a good thing he's asking her. That only means he's interested in the issue.

"I've known him since I started working at the company."

Jin leans his head against the window, spacing out. They've known each other for eleven years?

"What does he do for a living?"

Anyhow, if the man is some kind of asshole who's after her mother's financial support, then he'd be glad to oppose their relationship like one villainous son out of a television drama.

Asami purses her lips and bobs her head to the other side, "Didn't I tell you?"

Jin's head finally turns to her. Told him what?

His mother hit on the brakes and parked the car. He didn't even notice they'd arrived inside the dark parking lot of the restaurant.

"Aigoo looks like I didn't," She's trying her best to look young, but it looks like her memory is slowly deteriorating.

Asami clasps her hands together, "I'm dating my boss's boss." She squeals like she's back half her age, "The CEO of Woo Entertainment and Woo Enterprise."

"Now let's go. Goodness, we're already thirty minutes late."

Asami hurriedly opens the door of the driver's seat. Her slender legs come out of the car as she places her foot down on the ground before she lifts herself and closes the door behind her. She bends down and looks at herself in the wing mirror of her silver Honda. Her light make-up was still intact.

Good.

Jin, on the other hand, tried to recover from his mother's squeal. He was left frozen on his seat inside the car, processing the information she told him like it was not a big deal. The CEO of Woo...

No, he must have misheard.

He recalled he heard the company's name early this breakfast on the television, besides his head is in hazed at this moment. His mother forced him to wear his most decent turtle neck sweater that he'd only use on special occasions. It matches the coat he's wearing.

People might tell he's wearing this to look fashionable, but that's not true, partially. His body does feel cold.

Yes, that must be it. His thoughts are in a mess that causes his head to mix a few things.

His mother impatiently knocks on the window beside him, causing him to snap out of his deep thoughts. Her young features over the grumpy expression on her face welcomed his sight. Jin could only heave a sigh before opening the door.

"Come now, we're already running late." She scolds him.

Jin lifts a brow to his mother. If that man loves her, he should be willing to wait even if it took them a year to arrive here.

He presses his cold palms against his face as he blows another deep and troubled sigh when his mother snakes her arms around him before dragging him towards the elevator in the corner of the parking lot at full speed.

Like a mother who is pulling her lazy six years old child to school.

When the elevator doors open his mother pushed him right in gently and pressed the ground floor button.