CHAPTER 46

Author's POV

"Abhi can you leave your laptop for 5mins and help me out here", Meera says looking annoyed.

"2mins babe, I'm almost done", he says staring at the screen. She huffs in annoyance and turns back to her phone. This thing has been going on for the past one hour.

A couple of minutes later Abhi closes his laptop and walks over to where Meera is sitting scrolling through her phone. "Ok now tell me, what is it that you want my help with?"

"Hmm", she mutters not looking up from her phone.

"Meera, are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm", she hums absentmindedly. 

"Wait, are you ignoring me", he asks sitting next to her. She closes her phone and gets up. She's about to walk away but Abhi holds her hand and pulls such that she lands directly on his lap. Meera yelps and her hands instinctively go to his shoulders for support. Abhi puts his arm around her waist holding her in place. She squirms in her place trying to break free.

"Abhi let me go", she says glaring at him. 

"Please stop moving and no"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes, you know what? This is ridiculous", she says pushing his shoulder but Abhi doesn't budge.

"First tell me what is that you wanted my help with?"

"Does it matter, its done anyways"

"Meera"

"Abhi"

"If you don't tell me I'll...."

"You'll what?", Meera challenges crossing here hands. Abhi looks at her for a second then pokes the side of her ribs. 

Meera's eyes widen as he tickles her. "No no no no, Abhi stop. You can't do this", she squeals as he continues to tickle her. 

"Oh but I can", Abhi says as Meera looses her balance and falls on Abhi, who in turn falls on the bed. Meera tries to get up but Abhi pulls her against him. 

"Abhi...', she begins to say but trails of as she looks at his face which is mere inches apart from hers. He raises a hand tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, staring intently into her eyes. 

"So, you have to tell me something?", he asks her.

"Hu, I-I was saying t-tha-at , what?", she stutters, clearly still in a daze. Abhi laughs at her and she can fell his body reverberating against her. She slaps his shoulder playfully and glares at him. 

"Ouch, ok ok ", Abhi raises his hands in mock surrender, letting her go. Meera gets up and sits on the edge of the bed. "Now will you tell me ?"

"I wanted your help in choosing a gift for ma and dad"

"Why?"

"Because its their 30th anniversary in two days "

"Right, and there is a party that we have to attend", Abhi groans.

"Why do you say it like its a bad thing?"

"These parties are always go overboard"

"It can't be that bad"

"You'll see. Anyways what have you decided to get them"