CHAPTER 37

Author's POV

Meera woke up in Abhi's arms ,his warmth enveloping her. She checks the time. Its almost evening. Abhi is still asleep because of the sedatives. Meera gets up and looks at her phone to find a couple of missed calls from Nikhil and Alia. She calls them back. Both of them had called to ask about Abhi only. She tells them that he fine and is currently sleeping but he should be up in some time. 

After around two hours Abhi wakes up the and nurse brings some food for him. He looks at the soup and makes a scrunches up his face like a child. 

"ugh, totally forgot about the disgusting hospital food", he whines like a baby and Meera chuckles at that. "You are enjoying this ,aren't you?"

"Hey its your fault. I wasn't the one driving with my eyes closed"

"It was not my fault. Can you feed me? I'm hurt", he says gesturing towards his injured hand.

"Why you other hand is perfectly fine"

"Yeah but that's my left hand, its uncomfortable", Abhi persists.

"You're worse than Reyansh", Meera says but nevertheless sits beside him and starts feeding him.  

"What do think about-", Meera begins talking while feeding him but Abhi's attention is only on her face. The way her lips move when she speaks and how her eyes sparkle. He is completely mesmerized by her. 

"Abhi are you even listening to what I'm saying?", Abhi is still lost and he just hums. She snaps her finger in front of her eyes which brings him back  to reality. His is mouth is open waiting for another bite. 

"Its over, you can close your mouth now", Meera says placing the bowl on the table beside him. He was so lost in her that he barely tasted the food. Suddenly he pulls her and places his lips on hers. 

"Sorry, I was lost admiring you", Abhi says tucking a strand of her hair.

She stands up and huffs. "See, this is the problem. You say such cheesy and corny thing and I cant even be mad at you for that. "

"Why are you so far away, come here", Abhi says holding his arm out.

"I'm literally just 2 feet away from you", she says but goes and sits beside him anyways.

"Yes and that's too far", he says wrapping an arm around her.

"So you expect us to stay like this forever"

"I would if I could. I like having you , here in my arms all the time", he says pulling her closer and kissing her forehead. 

After a while Nandini, Sameer, Nikhil, Alia and Adi also come and they all sit there talking and laughing. The doctor tells them that Abhi can be discharged tomorrow.

********

The next day, the doctor runs some final tests and changes the dressing and Abhi is good to go. Nikhil and Adi help him onto the wheelchair.  There is car waiting for him outside and he slowly gets in. Meera is already seated in the car and helps Abhi get settled. 

The moment they leave the hospital's premises ,the car is stormed by reporters. The news of Abhi's accident spread like wildfire. Fortunately, the windows were tinted so no one could see in the car. They reached home and helped Abhi settle in his room.

After they all leave, Abhi tries getting up from the bed. Meera comes into the room and see him trying to get up. She rushes to side and helps him sit down on the bed.