CHAPTER 41

Abhimanyu's POV

I wake up the next morning and snuggle more into the person in my arms , pulling her closer. After a few minutes, I hear Reyansh crying. Not wanting to wake Meera up, I get up and go to his room quickly. 

I pick Reyansh up and he stops crying after a couple of minutes. I take him to our room where Meera's sleeping. She looks so beautiful and peaceful in her sleep. I sit beside her move the strands of her hair falling on her face.

 Reyansh moves from my lap and crawls towards her. He places his hand on her cheek, trying to wake her up. She mutters something incoherent and turns her face to the other side, she's so cute. I lift Reyansh and place him on my lap again because I don't want him to wake her up. He does not seem to like that and starts struggling against my hold.

"Reyansh, let her sleep", I say but he starts crying. Meera gets up and rubs her eyes. I finally let Rey go. He crawls on to her lap ,holding her hand. 

"Good morning", I tell her go to kiss her but she turns her face. "What happened?", I ask her pulling away.

"Morning breath", she mumbles still sleepy. 

"Well, good thing that I don't care", I say and crash my lips to hers. She reacts almost instantly kissing me back. We break apart and I kiss her forehead. "I dint want Reyansh to wake you up, but this was definitely worth it ", I say and she smacks my chest playfully. 

"Where are you going?", I ask her as she gets up from the bed." Come back".

"I really cant, I have an appointment in less than an hour", she says looking at the clock. 

I decide to get ready and go to the office. I did get a mail from Payal telling me that I have three meetings today. I take a shower and wear a three piece Armani suit. It never hurts to look good. I go downstairs and  start going through a file while sipping my coffee. 

After a few minutes I hear the sound of heels clicking against the floor. I turn around to see Meera descending the stairs holding Reyansh. She's telling him something and he looks completely engrossed in staring at her face. She places him in his high chair next to me.

"Byee", she says kissing my cheek.

"Wait you have to eat Meera", I tell her holding her hand. 

"I'll eat later", she says but I obviously don't believe her. "Promise", she adds. I stand up and pull her closer. 

"I love you", I tell her kissing her forehead. 

"I know ", she replies stepping back.

"You are supposed to say it back, you know", I shout at her retreating figure. After a minute my phone pings with a message. I open to find a text from Meer which reads:- I love you💖 

I smile shaking my head. She just makes me fall more in love with her everyday.

***********

Its around 3pm and I'm sitting in the conference room discussing our new project. My phone rings and I put it on silent without looking at the caller. I glance at the mobile a few minutes later to find 7 missed calls from Karan. Why is Karan calling me and that to seven missed calls. Wait is Meera alright? 

I call him back immediately. He picks up after a few rings.

"Hello", he sounds breathless.

"Karan, is everything fine. Is Meera alright", I ask him.