CHAPTER 18

Meera's POV

I come home late that day. The meeting went well and I was busy the rest of the day. I reach home, change into shorts and a tank top and fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.

.

.

I wake up next morning to find myself cuddling with Reyansh. When and how did he get here? He was already awake and staring at me. I kiss him all over his face and he giggles burying his face in the bed. I get up and take him downstairs where aunty is making breakfast. I hand him over to her and go and get ready.

After I'm ready, I go downstairs and sit with Reyansh. Just then Abhi comes and says,

"Uh, Meera, Can we talk", he asks hesitantly and I nod.  We head into the living room.

"So what did you want to talk about?", I ask 

"Why dint you tell me that you father has cancer", he asks and I snap my head up at him .

"What?"

"You heard me. Why dint you ever tell me that your dad has cancer"

"I dint know I had to", I say and he just sighs.  He dint know? Ma and the others know.

"Ok leave that for now, why did you marry me?", he asks.

"Why are you asking these questions all of a sudden"

"We are married Meera, shouldn't we know a little about each other", he says and I give in.

"I married you for the same reason you married me. My dad has never asked anything from me and this was the first time he did so I couldn't say no", I say and he nods.

"Do you want to ask me something"

"Yeah actually there is one thing. What happened to Reyansh's mother ", I ask and his face becomes angry.

"Reyansh doesn't have a mother. I, uh slept with a woman a couple of time and uh she dint want the child as it would be an hinderance in her modelling career"

"oh..ok", I don't know what else to say.

"What about you , dint you have any boyfriend", he asks and the color drains from my face, " Its  ok. You don't have to tell me if you are not comfortable", he says at my hesitation.

"No its ok.  I had a boyfriend back in London. We were together for a long time and loved each other but 5 years ago he died on the same day as my mom", I say shortly.

"I'm sorry", he says.

"Why are you apologizing . Its not your fault. Don't worry about it, that was a long time ago", I say simply and Abhi just nods.

"Do you think we can,  uh stay like this, I mean ignoring each other forever, you know", Abhi stutter and looks so cute. I cant help but chuckle.

"Hey, dont laugh at me"

"I'm sorry go on , what were you saying"

"Yeah so I was saying we don't have to act like stranger, we ca be huh friends", he asks hesitantly. Honestly I'm shocked. Looking at my expression he quickly says, "Never mind", it was a stupid-", he goes on saying but I cut him off.

"I'd love to be friends", I say smiling and he returns the smile. No harm in being friends right?

"Ok, that's great, I'm glad we are friends. I have to go now so bye", he says awkwardly.