CHAPTER 21

Meera's POV

I woke up the next morning tucked against a warm body. I turned around a little to see Abhi hugging me from behind. He was still shirtless and his bare chest was completely pressed against me. My face warms as I recall yesterday's incident.  We almost kissed. At this point I dint really know what I felt. 

I turned and stared at Abhi's face. He had the sharpest jawline with slight stubble coating it , and long lashes fanning his high cheek bones. And he was muscular, he had the most perfect and well defined abs. OK, I have to stop now. To avoid more situations like yesterday I try to get up before him. The key word being try. I try to break free from his iron grip but he just pulls me closer. I lie-down for around 10 more mins then try to move again. This time I pry myself from his grip and put a pillow instead. 

I get up and take a quick shower and change into jeans and a simple top. It's  pretty early so Abi and Rey are still sleeping. I go downstairs to find only Karan there. Well no surprise there, he has always been a early riser. Even back in college he was my personal alarm. 

"Thank god at least someone is up , I was getting bored. Come on lets go explore the estate", he says and we go out . We spend time walking about in the garden and talking about random things. We were having a good time but he had to bring Nate up.

"So you're still stuck up on Nate?", he asks.

"I'm not stuck up on anyone"

"Then why aren't you giving Abhimanyu a chance"

"You seriously want me to give a chance to a person who doesn't want it and has already made it crystal clear"

"Please, we all have seen the way he looks at you"

"He? Looks at me? In your dreams . Maybe this is just not the right time for it ", I dint tell him about the moment we had , Abhi probably regrets it or has already forgotten about it.

"And when will the time come. Its been five fucking years"

"The time will come when you, my friend will get into a serious relationship"

"So you basically mean , Never"

"Hey, your words not mine", I joke it off trying to change the topic. Luckily he takes the hint and we talk about something else while making our way back . We have been out here for almost 2hrs. Karan takes my hand and we head back to the house. Abhi and Nikhil are sitting on the sofa engrossed in a deep conversation.

Abhi looks up at us and his demeanor completely changes. I see a flash on anger on his face but he quickly masks it and returns back to his conversation with Nikhil. 

Karan drags me into the kitchen which is completely empty. 

"What are we doing here?", I ask.

"I just proved my point to you"

"What point?"

"The point that Abhi likes you"

"Ok genius and how did you come to that conclusion?"

"He saw us entering together holding hands and he clearly got jealous and angry."

"No he dint. You are just imagining things. We are done talking on this topic", I say and head back to the room.

We are leaving today evening so, I start packing my stuff. I'm in the process of doing so when Abhi comes in starts packing his things too. We do our work in silence. I bend down to pick up fallen dress and when I get up I come face to face with Abhi. Ok, more like my face his chin. He's standing so close. He lifts his hand up and tucks a lock of my hair behind my year, rubbing his thumb on my cheek lightly. I shiver under his touch, Why am I reacting like this.