Chapter 24

Naa manse needayye,
Vinade naa maate.
Evare...
Evare premanu maayandi?
Evare... Ee haayi ki hrudayam chaalandi?

(~ Evare; Premam.)

~~~

6 months later

"Anything else left in there?" Kiran asks while wiping away a sheen of sweat over her forehead with the back of her hand.

I search over the empty back of the truck and point to myself. "Me..."

She tries to stop her laugh with a glare "Yeah. Funny. Now get your ass here. We still have a lot of things to set up."

"Yes, ma'am!" I give a salute while she laughs.

Kiran and I are moving in.

And yes, we got engaged last month. Her parents are trying to rush for the marriage while she's still hung up on Ramabai's case. It's not like the court is gonna hurry up just because one of the million lawyers is going to get married, right?

Both our families do not know that we are moving in, so Kiran is kinda nervous if anyone was watching her. Likhita and Adhvaith are helping us, though.

After visiting the therapist, my days have become much lighter. As if, a huge weight was taken off my shoulders. I must say, Adithya has done a great job at counselling me. I can recommend him to someone.

Kiran was also much livelier than she was before. We no longer feel shy of sharing our experiences. One time, she was triggered when a little boy accidentally poured a hot beverage all over her shirt. It was so painful to watch her like that. But she didn't push me away (not like I was going to let her...) But still... It's progress.

Later on, Adhvaith and I told her about Dev. I no longer feel sad when I think of him. If anything, I smile when I think of the time I spent with him and Adhvaith. I wish I could have done that way before.

Anyways, I can't regret my past after setting a bright future ahead.

There wasn't much to pack at Kiran's place. If anything, we only took the pastel blue coloured sofa, some utensils, and her clothes. Remaining we've sold out in the second-hand market.

Even though Kiran wants to wait for our marriage, I can't wait to call her my wife. Because the title wife weighs more than a girlfriend.

Likhita and Dhanvi got themselves promise rings. Yeah. It's cute to see your little sister finally settling for someone.

Adhvaith... Well... He's still in his youth I guess...? He's got his own story to tell. Not my problem.

"Vijay! What are you doing?" Kiran inquired while I just smiled.

"Just letting them know..."

"Letting know who?"

"Someone..."

"Well, whatever, let's enter together. Okay?"

"Of course." I held her hand while we put our right legs into my simple apartment with two bedrooms.

I didn't know that Kiran was the missing factor all along to make my apartment, a home.

-—-—-

A/N: WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW! THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A RIDE, DON'T YA THINK?

I know. The story is way too short. But It was meant to be this way. The original reason I started this story was because of a certain someone's exhibition of toxic masculinity.

I mean, I just wanted to picture a nice young man, who can be vulnerable and human too. Am I wrong?

It's just a heartwarming glimpse of a person who tried to be the man and ended up being the one of someone else.

I liked writing this story all this time. I hope you guys also enjoyed reading it instead of trying to be updated with it.🙃🥰

I will be back with yet another fantasy story. So yeah, you're not going anywhere.😂😅

See you later! Till my next story.
Bye! XOXO!❤