Prologue

It was a normal, Tuesday afternoon of June. Red and static rays of the celestial sphere complement our good ol' station. Everyone doing their regular mundane work, enclosed in dull walls.

It was not scorching heat. But the month had few traces of its predecessor. Everyone was tired and eyes closed due to exhaustion and vexation. And I, analyzing my work for my new operations. Jotting down evidence and suspect lists.

A few times, it makes me feel tardy to spend my future in regularity. My basic requirement for chaos and excitement is never met after being appointed to my post. But... nature has its way to prove me wrong.

Very faint pleadings from the entrance, where the FIRs are written, were heard. Few laughs. Few witty jokes. A female teasing the oldest constable in our department. Her feet danced in anxiety, which was visible from my desk. Thanks to those half doors, I'm not able to see her. Her face to know how she looks like.

My ears perked. Limbs aching to move so that I can open my cabinet door, and have a glance. Eyes too intrigued. Heart on a low and anticipated beating. And mind conflicting. Maybe this is how it feels before happening of disaster.

Luckily, in my regard,  the newly joined CI trainee enters my cabinet in search of a few other documents. It's then, in the grace of the fluttering half doors of my partition, I get a glance of her. Long braided hair trying its best to not fall to another side of her slender but strong shoulder. Her curvy body takes a seat on our armless chair in reverse position, which is opposite to the table.

Her hands gracefully were placed on the backrest and her chin on the backside of her hands. An attempt, due to which, her baby hairs jerk forward onto the face. Her little giggles fill the station with an aesthetic aura. Her hair gets filtered in the merciless stabs of sun, not letting me see her completely. Truly.

I had no idea what she looked like. What she is like. Or how. But, it was then my heart proclaimed.

She was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.