[CHAPTER 12]

MORRIS

"Baby I got you a-." I stopped mid sentence when I saw someone I hadn't seen in over a year and a half.

"Gabrielle?"

She nodded in conformation.

"What the hell are you doing here?" See I met gabrielle in my senior year of college, but last year we saw eachother and reconnected and we started sleeping together casually with no strings attached. One day she just up and left and I hadn't seen her since.

"Morris do you know her?"

"Yes baby I do."

"Baby? I barely been gone for a year and yo ass already got a someone."

" Morris who the hell? Don't piss me off right now."

"Look gabrielle, I don't know what the fuck you here for, but you not gone disrespect my wife."

"I'm here to tell you about your daughter?"

"DAUGHTER?" Tamara and I yelled in unison.

"Yeah daughter! Nigga I'm tired of taking care of this child that I didn't create by myself so I'm giving her to you."

Tam shook her head in disbelief.

"What? He's rich and you're using him. You just want him to take care of your bastard child." I held Tam back because in a matter of seconds she had already lunged at Gabrielle, her fist raised in a punching motion. I'm glad the room was sound proof, because I didn't need anyone seeing or hearing this.

"Bitch touch me and I'm suing y'all for everything y'all got ."

"Shut the fuck up. I own the best law firm in the south, if you try to sue me, you wouldn't get far." She frowned in defeat.

"All I want you to do is take care of your child damn." Gabrielle said crying hysterically. What's wrong with this woman?

"Until I get a DNA test, that child is not mine."

"Okay that's fine. I just really need you to take her, I can't give her what you can. I'm unstable and I need help, so I can't put her through this." Even though she was wrong, I still have a heart. Damn, when did this turn into a Dr. Phil episode?

"Gabby tell me what's wrong, I can help you."

"You would do that for me?" She asked, chocked up.

"Yes, you need to get help for your daughter."

"I will accept your help, but I still stand by what I said. I can't nurture and love her like you guys can, I think she should stay with you. You know how I grew up Morris and I don't want her to turn out like I did. I see the way you look at her, so I know she's a good woman. I want her to have a mother that can love her, but when I prove she's yours, I want you to tell her about me."

"You can still be her mom once you're healthy, you can still visit her." I said trying to reason. You can't just drop a child in my life and expect me to accept it quickly. I know Tam accepts Talia and treats her like her own, but taking on another child and being a mother to her is overwhelming and probably scary.

"I don't think that will be necessary, I think I've messed up her life enough." Is she serious? This is not who I once knew.

"Gabby what's wrong with you, what did you do to her?"

"I'm an addict Morris. I've been struggling with alcohol abuse since I was younger, I'm just never happy. I didn't hurt her physically, but I've neglected her and I just am not a nurturing person. Some say you become that way when you have a child, but it's just not me. It's just not what I was taught and I don't know how to be that kind of person." I truly didn't understand her, but it was evident that I couldn't change her mind.

"We can get the test tomorrow." I nodded and looked down at Tamara who had tears in her eyes, and a shocked expression on her face. Gabrielle then exited the office and shut the door behind her. Moments later Tamara started to exit the office.

"Baby I-."

"I'm not mad Morris I just need to be alone right now." I sighed..this is a lot to take in.

*****

TAMARA

I kinda felt numb. Overall I was disappointed in myself. That person back there was someone that I didn't know. I'm not that much of a confrontational person and I usually don't let most things get to me; unless you talk about my child.

I would never want my child to see me like that and I imagine her little face twisting up in confusion if someone called her a bastard.

She doesn't know what a bastard is and nor does she care. I would never let anyone disrespect my child, but I know the truth so I shouldn't care what anyone has to say. I let her get a reaction out of me and that's what I disliked the most.

I won't be crushed if the baby is his because she was conceived before he even met me, but I'm still baffled about how I would have to become a mother to another child.

MORRIS

Three days later....

The results were in my hand. I was anxious to see them. Tamara was sitting next to me on the bed silent.

I knew that it was a lot to take in, especially with me already having a daughter. That's why I love and admire her because she is caring, compassionate, and she is here to stay.

"I'm nervous." I admitted. She gave me a reassuring smile that didn't reach her eyes, I know that it would be a lot to get used to.

"I'm sorry baby." I didn't want her to feel any way.

"Babe it isn't your fault. You're an amazing man and I love you now open the enevelope."

"Right." I chuckle opening the envelope.

You Morris Chestnut are 99.87% the father of Ahziah Union.

I looked at the paper feeling a mix of emotions, but I was ultimately happy about the results. I looked to my side to see Tamara smiling, and this time it was genuine. Even though I had my doubts, I thought she looked just like Talia so it wasn't much of a surprise.

"How are we gonna deal with all of these girls?" Tam said sighing.

"I don't know, but I can't wait to knock you up so we can have a boy."

"Really bae, you want another child?"

"Yeah I want atleast seven."

"Nope. Five is my limit, but I really only want four."

"I guess. Baby I love you."

"I love you too honey." She kissed my lips then layed on my chest, falling asleep.