"Will I be able to come back and visit you?" Jay's question was soft, almost shy and I couldn't help but grin.

Pinching his ear gently, I grinned. "You better come see me. If you don't then I will miss you."

Jay's cheeks turned pink at my words. "You'll... you'll miss me?"

"Of course." The hesitation in his voice was heartbreaking and it took everything in me not to cry. Knowing that the sweet leopard had been through such hell, never experiencing any amount of love caused my heart to shatter into tiny pieces. Unable to stop myself, I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. "You're special to me sweetheart. Remember that, okay?"

Jay sniffed and nodded, burying his face in my neck. "I... I will."

A clearing of a throat behind me had me turning to see Sehun. His head was tilted to the side, an eyebrow raised in question. "Everything okay here?"

I nodded then released Jay. "It's all good. Just checking on my patient."

Sehun nodded and moved towards Jay. "I need to check your stitches, make sure everything is healing like it's supposed to."

At Sehun's words, I went to move away, but Jay grabbed my wrist. "Can... can you stay by me?"

The uncertainty and tinge of fear in the leopard's eyes and voice had my heart shattering again and I nodded hurriedly. Making room for Sehun, I moved to the other side, taking Jay's hand in mine. The worry faded from his eyes and he gave me a small smile as Sehun unwrapped the bandaged around his leg.

As Sehun inspected the stitches, I attempted to distract Jay, asking him about what he might like to do when he leaves the sanctuary. Jay mentioned he always liked working on cars and I filed the information away to talk to Sehun about later. Five years ago, we had a patient, Alex, who had the same interest. He ended up opening a service station a few miles away from the sanctuary. It wouldn't hurt to call and see if he was willing to take on an apprentice.

The exam went by quickly and soon Sehun was wrapping up Jay's leg again. "Looks good. If we keep monitoring it, it will heal nicely and I don't foresee any other problems with it."

Jay nodded. "Thanks doc. I... I appreciate everything you guys have done for me here." Jay's cheeks were pink as he spoke and I could tell he was embarrassed. Based on his first interaction with Sehun, I knew the leopard still felt a little shame about how he had acted.

Sehun grinned and squeezed the leopard's shoulder. "No problem. It's what we're here for." Turning his attention to me, Sehun smiled softly. "As soon as you finish up in here, can you come see me?"

"Of course." Sehun nodded and left the room while I finished filling out Jay's chart. "Okay sweetheart. I'll be back to check on you later. Michaela should be coming in soon with your lunch."

"Okay."

Rubbing Jay's ear one final time, in left the room and headed down the hall to Sehun's office. The door was partially open and I tapped on it gently. At his soft 'come in,' I pushed the door open and walked inside, closing it behind me. "Everything okay Sehunnie?"

Sehun sighed and leaned back in his desk chair, gesturing for me to come sit by him. Moving closer, I sat on the desk, not surprised when he dropped his head in my lap. Running a hand through his hair, I smiled when the soft purrs filled the room. After a moment, he looked up, a sheepish smile on his face. "Sorry. This was not actually why I needed to see you."

"What's going on Sehunnie?" The tightness in his smile made me uneasy and I knew there was something going on that he was hesitant to tell me about.