Ollie Fueled Revenge {4}

Start from the beginning

I quickly got to my work locker and switch into my gym gear before heading to the main area. The large open room is active with the steady beats of boxing gloves against canvas bags. The thump is a melodic song of stress relief for the patrons.

Coaches yell out their commands to their students, "Bring your elbows up! Tighten your stance!"

All to the beat of one, two. One, two. One, two.

I force myself to veer away from the black and blue mats and head to the wall with a black panther that looks like it's ripping through the white sheetrock.

Andy's white door sits unnoticeable next to the giant 'B' under the panther's right paw.

Plaques from competitions won line the wall, proving that Beast Mode Fitness is one of the best training facilities in the city, possibly the state.

The closer I get to his office, the more my gut sinks. If Andy asks about Ollie, I suppose I could tell him a watered-down version of the truth. He's a pretty lax dad to Ollie. He won't care if she was at a party. It'll be the trashed and jumping off the roof part he won't like.

Andy sits at the cheap laminated particleboard desk going over what looks like a stack of forms. With competitions coming up, it's most likely registrations for the competitors.

His calloused hand brushed through his dirty-blonde hair, knowing Andy the paperwork has him bored and frustrated.

The open door hollowly clunks when I knock on it to get Andy's attention. His gaze snaps up to me, though they are the exact replica of Ollie's; his eyes hold reverence and wisdom in his. Andy's been like a second dad to me, especially after my mother left my dad and me. He's been my mentor, a man whose opinion I hold in high regard. One of the list of reasons I don't want to cross that line with Ollie.

"Hey." He sits back in his chair. It groans under his weight. "Your patching is a couple of weeks away, and I thought I'd warn you, Ollie's planning a huge bash here. She wanted it to be a surprise but-" He trails off, knowing I'll fill in the rest.

"But I despise surprises." It's a sweet thought, and I know she means well, but I hate being caught off guard. I guess I'll have to fake for her. "Thanks for the heads up." I lean against the doorframe. I should flee before he asks too many more questions.

"While you're here," Andy tacks on.

Fuck.

"Korbin needs a sparring partner. Do you mind?" His attention is already turning back to his pile of paperwork.

A twisted glee grows in my belly. "Korbin? Yeah, I can spar with him."

Motherfucker told Ollie to get lost last night, then abandoned her at the party. I'll gladly help him spar.

"Great." Andy mutters. His eyes are glued to the paper, probably already lost in the legal jargon. I leave him to his personal hell and cross the soft mats of the gym floor to claim my retribution.

I head to the ring where Korbin's pale fit frame leans against the ropes as he talks to his coach. His flaming red hair is matted with sweat, more than likely from his warm-up. I grab some tape and gloves catching the coach, Margo's, attention.

Korbin glances over his shoulder at me as I tape up my hands. His thin nose wrinkles in a sneer that will make punching his smug face even sweeter. "About fucking time you showed up. I've been waiting for fifteen minutes, Armstrong."

"I might have been here sooner, Sanford, if I didn't have to drop Ollie off at her house." I glare up at him and notice Korbin's jaw tick. His irritation is satisfying but not as gratifying as smearing his face on these mats will be.