God I feel so insensitive but it's the truth...

"I'm sorry?" His tone isn't an apologetic tone, it's non of the tones I have received all day. His tone is more of a question wondering if it's okay to say I'm sorry.

I look up from my stack of papers "You're the first person who has said that as a question?" I'm not mad just shocked his I'm sorry sounded like a question.

He shrugs "It looks like you don't need anymore I'm sorry's so I'm not sure if I should say that."

"I really don't need anymore, I'm okay."

"Good, so what are we going to do tomorrow?"

The way he avoided the subject and past it by so quickly made me feel better? I didn't want him to know and he understood that I said it without wanting him to know, he also knew the last thing I needed was a bunch of these I'm sorry's.

He knew that I didn't want any sympathy.

I'm glad he understood.

"What's tomorrow?" I question not knowing what he's talking about.

"The dinner,"

"Oh shit! Yeah! So I told Ivy and we'll see you there!" I say in a rushed tone. I can feel my heart start to race more and more.

You are okay.

It is okay.

You are okay.

He looks worried or confused I really don't know I can never tell what or how Reed truly feels. "Okay... I know you will hate me even more but are you sure you're okay? You look stressed?"

"Yeah I'm fine! Just busy."

"Okay well calm down, these papers aren't due till a week?"

"Yeah but I want to get a head start,"

"Okay?" I can tell he looks confused by my attitude. "My parents will be there,"

"Oh..."

"Don't worry about them, they won't say anything bad about you. Unless you've done something unforgivable?"

I shake my head "Not that I'm aware of," I keep checking the papers.

"Also, we can start—"

"Reed, can you— can you please umm leave for a while and we can talk later." It's not really a question it's more of a demand in the nicest most respectful way I can say it.

I don't want to sound like a bitch but I really do need some me time.

Even for just 5 minutes.

He nods and leaves.

Oh god.

I'm okay.

I am completely okay.

•••

Reed Auclair

"She's pretty, much more pretty in person!" Tate says combing his hair back with his hands.

"Who?" I look back and forth from him to Theo.

I wasn't even paying attention to the conversation.

Theo looks at me and looks at Tate. "The hell is wrong with you?" He looks weirded out.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been — zoned out? Ever since we got here, your mind is somewhere else?" Theo says in a voice that only makes me start to think about the way she was acting.