+7

I fired my weapon and shot down three Ruffians as they charged towards us. There wasn't time to see what Maeve was doing. The constant sound of her pistol blaring was enough indication that was she still okay. A man with a huge red beard ran over to me and tried to jab me with his spear, but I dodged the attack and collided the butt of the rifle with his jaw. He fell down to his knees, and I kneed him in the face before turning around to dodge a flying spear. A woman was charging towards me with anger in her eyes and the man was getting up to his feet. Backing away from them, I reached into my utility belt and pulled out two throwing knives. There was no time to aim precisely, so I threw each knife towards my two attackers, hoping my quick aim was enough.

A knife lodged in the fiery bearded guy's throat, and he dramatically fell to the ground. The woman although, she was just fine. I pulled out my gun to shoot her, but as soon as I started to aim, I felt a sharp pain in my thigh. Yelling out in pain, I knelt down and nearly lost it. An arrow was embedded into the side of my thigh. I fell down to the ground and I could hear the woman approaching me. Fuck. Grabbing my rifle that I had dropped, I aimed at the woman once again, but before I could let out a shot, a small figure came from behind her and slit her throat. I stared in astonishment as I looked around. All the Ruffians were dead. What the fuck? Maeve killed a majority of them.

"That doesn't look good," she said as she leant down beside me. She touched the arrow and screamed out loud. "Shit, sorry! Uh, should I take it out?"

"Fuck no," I yelled as I laid back on the ground. I put my hands over my face and groaned in pain. "If I take it out, I'll be bleeding more than I already am." Maeve sighed and took off her backpack. I peeked through my fingers as I watched her take out some medical supplies. The group from earlier walked up behind her, none of them were harmed. The little boy was hiding just like before.

"I was a nurse," the mother of the kid said, as leant across from Maeve. She took the medical supplies and Maeve gave her a look of distrust. "Seriously, I can help your friend." Maeve's eyes glanced over at me and I just nodded. If this woman said she could help me then I was all for it. "Take off your shirt, we'll need it to cover the wound as a tourniquet," she instructed me. I sat up a bit, and pulled my shirt over my head. Maeve took it since the woman was drenching her hands in alcohol. This wasn't going to be good.

-

I squinted as the former nurse used both of her hands to yank the arrow out of Venice's thigh. The injured girl screamed so loud that I was sure she was heard for miles. "Fuck! Fuck," she kept yelling repeatedly, as she sat up on her elbows to stare at the woman. Her face was turning all red, and I thought she was going to pass out. The woman ignored Venice's swears and poured alcohol on the wound. Venice began calling the woman every name in the book as she aided her. "It's going to be okay, Venice. She's making it better," I told her as the woman wrapped Venice's leg with her shirt. Speaking of Venice's shirt, can I just say her body was hot? Okay, Maeve, this was not the time.

Venice began calming down through the process as the woman wrapped the wound. "I hope the Tower has somewhere that can stitch you up," the former nurse said once she was done. "That wasn't the proper way to treat a wound like that, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't get infected before you made it back to the Tower." Venice mumbled a thank you as she covered her face.

"My wife aided you," the leader of the group said as he looked at Venice. "I think we earned our spot." I looked over at Venice. The least she could do was let the people stay, even if they weren't able to get a sufficient amount of food. Venice seemed as if she didn't hear the man. Maybe she was in a daze from so much pain.

"Venice, just let them come and stay. They can share one room and get small rations. They helped us," I pleaded. Venice grimaced either at me or her thigh. She slowly forced herself to get up on her two feet. I was surprised at how easy she got up. There was struggle but not that much.