On one hand there is this wild beauty and on the other, fields of saffron and orchids of apple   awaiting their full bloom and a variety of flowers that are the show in itself. Its true though, Kashmir is really a Paradise on earth.

As our parents decide to take a nap during the afternoon we three siblings climb the Shikara traversing the mirror like lake, reflecting the immense snow covered mountains for a stroll by the bank and some "we siblings time" as I quote Ziya's words.

"Teddy, when is Zacharias gonna come or are you planning on going back with us?" Bhai inquires, as we stroll amidst the beautiful Shalimar Garden and the lake, watching the boats sail by.

"Why, tired of me already?" I counter, in a teasing manner, tightening my shawl around me.

"God, no!" I raise my eyebrow.

"Then?"

"Its just that, judging by his possessiveness, I didn't expect for him to leave you for so many days it's just not like him."

'I thought so too bhai....I thought so too...'

"He is busy, that is why he is unable to come sooner..." A lie escapes my lips.

"Or he might have already boarded the flight to bring his wife back..." Ziya suggests.

"Oh really? Then pray tell me wonder woman, how do you know that? Did he personally call and informed you?"

Ziya shakes her head. "No, I saw him in my dream that he was..."

"Urgh! Not again!" We groan in unison raising our heads towards the sky.

"Hey...hey....Don't you both dare to ignore my dreams." She blocks our way, standing in front of us with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face.

"Aww...Isn't our sister a little prescient now?" Bhai teases, pulling her cheeks. She slaps his hand away, making him laugh.

"Sir, would you like to take some pictures?" A local camera man strolling around, interrupts our fun-filled banter. His Kashmiri dialect remarking his tone.

"No. We already have our own camera." Ziya snaps at him, earning an admonishing look from our brother.

"Apologize. Now!"

One thing that's never tolerated in our family is, disrespecting elders or impairing one with your words.

Realizing her mistake she turns towards the man and apologizes.

The man smiles. "It's okay. It's not like you are the first one to say that. But we tend to know the perfect way of capturing this beautiful scenic views..." He shrugs.

"Is that so? Then we would be glad to acknowledge your skills" His face lights up at bhai's reply.

We pose for some pictures before he requests us to wait for him promising that he will be back with the photos within 10 minutes.

"Take your time" Bhai dismisses him.

We amble down the bank as we wait for the man to get our pictures having random talks, mostly teasing Ziya and enjoying her annoyance a little too much.

"It's already been 15 minutes and he is still not here" Bhai murmurs, looking at his watch.

"Let's wait for five more minutes." I suggest.

"Yeah, it's not like he's going to run away with our photos..." Bhai glares at Ziya, giving her 'you are incorrigible' look.

"I'll just go and look for him. You two can wait here?" Bhai speaks after another five minutes.