Natural Born Killer

Jackie's POV

"Come on, the limo is outside Jackie. We can't be late." Jesse shouted from downstairs.

I finished applying the final touches on my mascara, taking a quick glance to see if my lashes looked full. I turned my head to the right, then to the left, still looking in the mirror. I rubbed my lips together for the final time then picked up my clutch and headed downstairs.

I wasn't really looking forward to the ESPY's. The only thing I was looking forward to was seeing Amanda since she's dating Craig O'Maley, catcher for the Yankees.

Having to act happy infront of millions of sports fans just isn't my thing. What makes matters worse is that Brian is going to be there. All the guys are actually. I've talked to Matt, Zacky and Johnny but Brian and I haven't spoken since he condemned what he had to hell.

Everyday, I still beat myself up over it. I am a selfish, weak woman. Brian and I could be together right now if I wasn't so stupid.

I wonder how he's taking it. He seemed pretty careless about all of this. By now, we should have been talking but we haven't. I don't try to avoid him. I went down Zacky's house the other day and Brian was there. He just passed right by me as he left. Not a hello, not a goodbye. Just a cold shoulder. But I guess I deserve it.

"Do you think I'll win? I mean, I know it's a fat chance since I'm up against Matt Kemp, Albert Pujols, Tim Lincecum, A. Rod and Ryan Braun but I'm still good right? I mean, I'll win this award, right?" Jesse said fixing his tie in the reflection of his phone.

I nodded, looking outside as the lights of Downtown Los Angeles, passed us by, "I guess. You're all really good players. I'm not about to be biased."

"You're my fianee, you're supposed to say that I'm going to win. What's the matter with you? You're so edgy tonight."

I cursed him out in my mind. He's the last person I want to win anything. "I'm sorry. I've just been really stressed with work and the wedding."

He pressed his lips to mine, "I love you. I can't wait to be married in almost a month. I've been looking forward to that day since I've met you."

I simply nodded then turned my face away. I could feel tears forming in the ducts of my eyes.

The limo pulled up to the Nokia Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, moments later. There was a long red carpet leading to the entrance of the theater. Jesse waited for the limo driver to open the door before exiting. He stuck out his hand for me to get. I placed mine in his and dragged myself out of the limo.

From every corner of the red carpet, fans were calling his name. The flashing lights of their cameras blinded me. I felt Jesse's grip on my hand get tighter, assuring me that he was there.

"Jesse, I love you! You're my hero!" A teenage girl said leaning over the barricade, waving a picture of him in his uniform around.

He walked over to her, releasing my hand to sign the picture, "Thanks. I'm glad I can be your hero."

"Can I have picture with you? Please, it means so much to me." She said, tears pouring out of her eyes. He nodded, moving closer to her. I stood to the side of them so I wouldn't get in the way.

Minutes of this passed. I felt like a third wheel to Jesse. He'd stop every second to sign something for his fans. I admired the love he has for his fans but it only reminded me of Brian and the love he has for his.

"Alright Jesse, the press walk is over there. Are you ready? You're after Andre Ethier." The lady with a clipboard said.

At that moment, the memory of the guys and I at Chain Reaction, snuck into my head. I took a deep breath, trying to shake that memory away.