Something's Up

Two days in the hospital and Michelle wasn't anywhere to be found. She didn't answer her phone calls and she didn't bother texting. Brian was getting better but was starting to careless about Michelle's presence.

I've been staying with him since day one. I haven't slept any wink because I'm scared that he might get chest pain. So far he hasn't, but I don't want to chance it.

It gets pretty boring in a hospital suite when you don't get any service. Plus, the shows on the hospital's cable are terrible. 

"You know what I miss?" Brian started as he ate the remaining jell-o from his cup. I raised my eyebrows, "Us... Doing stuff." 

I rolled my eyes. "You should work on getting better and then think about that kind of stuff," I suggested. 

He smirked, "But we haven't had us time in a while." 

"Not until you get better," I pressed, "You can wait just a little bit longer."

"No I can't. Look, this is the perfect opportunity. We haven't been bugged in an hour. We have a whole room to ourselves. And on top of that," he paused as he reached over for the light dimming knob at the side of the bed, "Yes, perfect lighting... And a bed."  

A light knock could be heard at the door, interrupting Brian's attempt to sway me.

"Look who's here!" McKenna yelled out, entering the room with excitement, "It's Tina!"

A girl with long brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin, a long chin and black lipstick popped up behind McKenna.

Tina looked no olde than thirteen and appear to have one goal of impressing Brian with her Avenged Sevenfold shirt that only covered 3/4 of her stomach. She gave me a very unpleased look before giving her full attention to Brian.

"Hey!" She said giving him a hug, "I brought you this." She pulled out a folded paper from her pocket, "I wrote it for you, but don't read it until I leave." He smiled and nodded.

McKenna came over to me and hugged me, "Tina, this is Jackie... Do I call you Jackie? Or Hope? Which one?"

I smiled, "Anyone you want hun."

"Tina, this is Jackie. Jackie, this is my friend Tina." As McKenna introduced, Tina shook my hand very lightly.

"Nice to meet you." I said giving her a weak smile.

"Jackie was supposed to be my sister-in-law but some idiot," She said glaring at Brian, "Decided he'd go for second best."

Tina was not at all, in any way, in any form, pleased with what came out of Kenna's voice, "Sister-in-law? You two dated?"

Brian didn't want this to go on, "It's none of your business Tina and neither is it your's McKenna. Sorry if I'm rude but you don't go introducing people like that."

"Sorry." McKenna said, taking a seat next to the one I was sat in earlier, "So..." She continued to talk to her brother, including Tina in the conversation various times.

Tina isn't all that pretty... hell I know I'm not either, but for some reason, I felt possessive and jealous.  She would laugh at his stupidity or touch his leg... A 13 year old touching a 28 year old's leg and I'm jealous. Don't I feel stupid?

I guess the whole idea of someone else flirting with him is really getting to me. I know he's not flirting back, but he has this look to him that even if he doesn't flirt, it'll look like it.

"...Right Jacks?" Brian asked, pulling me out of my glaring session with Tina.

"What?" I responded, "I wasn't paying any attention."