Ch. 1: Night Terrors

***TRIGGER WARNING- TRAUMATIC SEXUAL SITUATION***

"No!" I panted. "Please Mistress! Help me!"

My pleas hung in the stale air as I desperately sought the shelter of my mistress's temple. My head throbbed and throat burned with the power behind my screams.

I could hear low chuckles, it was if they bounced off the walls and scampered towards me from every direction. I stilled, lowering myself behind the alter of offerings. I was prey. This predator was toying with me.

"Please my lady, I need your help. PLEASE!" I prayed as I clung to my pendant for dear life.

Candlelight bathed the room in gold, but the shadows wouldn't be banished. This place that had always been my sanctuary is now a hunting ground.

"Come out little mouse, we have business.." a husky, seductive voice snaked through my ears.

"My lady....please..." I begged through hushed whispers as I clung to the hope my charge would help me.

She didn't take kindly to the kind of trash this man represented tarnishing her place of worship. She would save me, I thought. I've been nothing but loyal. I've given my all to my lady, swore my oath and celibacy to offer my most virtuous self as her priestess so she would defend me and my honor . She had too.

A shuffle brought me out of my frantic thoughts. He was getting closer. No. I frantically wracked my brain as I pushed myself into the shadows under the offerings table.

"Please my Lady...I need you so..." I whispered one last time, pouring all that I was into my whispered plea.

I quickly scanned the shadowed room, seeing the small tables lining the wall leading towards the only door in this chamber. I had to try and save myself until My Lady could. I took a deep breath and willed myself to calm down...I needed to concentrate.

I listened intently for another hint of where my aggressor was. The silence only made my blood boil and roar in my ears. I leaned low and scanned the space between me and the first table against the wall.

I didn't see him, so I gently crept forward on my hands and knees, holding my breath as I did. I only released my breathe when I was safely tucked under the first table.

"Come now little mouse, while I enjoy a good cat and mouse game, I'm growing annoyed..I've got better games we both would enjoy." the man's gravely voice echoed again.

My skin crawled and goosebumps raced across my skin. I had no desire to play this devil's games. I knew his reputation, what he wanted. I had refused him but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I needed My Lady to fend him off. I couldn't comprehend how he had infiltrated her Temple. How something so vile could walk in a place so Holy.

I took my chances, creeping along the wall, clinging to the shadows beneath the tables. I held my breathe and praised My Lady the whole way. My heart drummed in my chest but I knew I just needed to have faith. She would come. She would save me, her humblest of servants.

I finally rested under the table closest to the door leading out to the common area and finally to the doors that could mean my freedom.

I was so close! I'd come this far, I could do this. After taking one final intent listen, it dawned on me it was now or never. Fear wrapped itself around my spine and I fought hard to level my breathing. I gently crept from beneath the last table. I kept myself lowered in a crouch, prepared to sprint at the slightest need. I moved silently, finding myself crossing the threshold into the common area without issue.

I scanned the room quickly and found that the full moon illuminated it enough I could see I was alone. I stood tall and took padded steps, heading straight for the double wooden doors that would take me outside and offer me possible escape.