Chapter Fourteen: Friends Like Them (Part III)

****Three Days Later****

****Literature Classroom****

It was not usual that Audrey Phillipa Rose, soon to be Crown Princess of Auroria and ex-future High Queen of Auradon was kind to someone whom she didn't like without a second intention.

Sure, her Grammy had taught her to have manners (even better than her mother's, of course) but she also had been taught to choose her companions and how to treat them so that they didn't deflect from her side.

And she had failed to keep the other princesses with her, she would have to think about how to save those friendships but the fact that they were now constantly fawning over Mal and Evie was making her want to puke.

At least Anxelin was at always at her side and that was what mattered, even if the princess didn't share much with her anymore.

(Maybe the fact that she had dated Chad recently was making her uncomfortable but Audrey was almost sure that Anxelin had said that it didn't matter)

Their teacher, Mrs. Hadid, was currently on a meeting with Fairy Godmother (why was she having so many meetings with the teachers?) and her teaching assistant, Ghida (who had graduated three years before), had decided to make them write two-page essay about the book they were supposed to be reading.

Audrey hadn't read it but knew the general plotline as it was one of Ben's favorite books and when they were dating he would mention it every now and then.

(And she had kind of loved and hated it every time he would mention it)

It wasn't long till she finished her essay and started mussing about the events of the last few days.

Why was Ben skipping classes so much? When he started his duties as king he didn't skip that much and now it was three days on a row.

How in the world had Hal Westergaard gotten magic?

(Though she had heard from Merriweather about some people being born with magic randomly...)

Why was Anthony Tremaine in the infirmary since that afternoon?

And how in the world was Eisa hanging out with the son of her aunt and mother's enemy so casually?

She saw how the red haired princess was quietly discussing the book with that boy, Audrey wondered if that sudden closeness would continue when the Tremaine got out of the infirmary.

(Audrey wasn't too worried about the guy but nevertheless she had gone on a social call to see if he was well and Opal said that he could be discharged in a few days)

Eisa didn't have many friends, for all she knew her only actual friend (as Kurt didn't count) was her roommate Tina (who wasn't that likeable), and a small part of Audrey hoped that she would stick around with those VK.

Another thing that she noticed was that the Frollo girl had been more secluded than the first weeks and no longer hung out around Westergaard and while she still followed Rhetta (Audrey soon discovered that Harriet hated that nickname and so she called her that) around, the blonde no longer spoke much and directed somewhat longing gazes at Zephyr, who apparently didn't notice them and that made her want to roll her eyes.

It was the weirdest thing ever, did that girl have crush on him? That was sick, it would be like her having a crush on Mal.

She crunched her nose a little at the thought and realized that Anxelin must have noticed her doing that because she said "Is something wrong?"

"No" Audrey shook her head and looked at her finished essay wondering if she should hand it to Ghida and ask if she could go out, the answer would probably be not as she remembered her to be really strict and serious even as a student.