Chapter Thirteen: Friends Like Them (Part II)

****Freddie and Ally's room****

When Freddie had been "pardoned" by Ben and enrolled on Auradon Prep she hadn't expected to have such a nice-ish experience on the school.

(How could they pardon her when she did nothing to deserve to be on the Isle?...

Well she had done some shit over the years back there, but wasn't that because she had been born and grew up with a bunch of villains?)

Sure, she couldn't openly read cards like she did on the Isle (that didn't mean that some of her curious classmates didn't ask and that she didn't do it for a price) but at least she could go to sleep with a full stomach and she didn't have to look behind her back every two seconds if she wanted to go for a walk.

The down side of all of this was that she couldn't see her father and sister.

Even if he missed her sister and knew that if she had asked for Celia to be brought to Auradon, she knew that it was not time yet as she was too young to be separated from their father, who in turn wasn't ready to be separated from another daughter.

What was Ben thinking when he listened to Yen Sid's suggestion to send Hermie here? She was thirteen, too young even by Isle standards and her parents actually loved her, unlike many others.

Dizzy was an especial case as she didn't have anyone to take care of her without Anthony there, it would be foolish to think that Anastasia could take care of another child as even if the Tremaine were trying to cover it up, the red haired woman was cracking up too much lately (between a few long episodes of sanity) and her two daughters were probably now searching where to live.

Of course Anthony would be denying it though one wouldn't know if he was denying it out of delusion or out of pride.

Freddie knew that her own mother was not okay on the head, that was why her father had separated from her and that was why he didn't allow visits.

(She also knew that he had wanted to take Uma with them when they left but he wasn't her father and Ursula wouldn't stand for it, Freddie always wondered what happened to Uma's father)

"What are you doing?" Ally asked interrupting her thoughts. Alice in Wonderland's daughter was sat on her bed with Yzla and Jordan while Tina and Mairia were reading some magazines while sat on the floor.

The voodoo girl didn't remember when the other girls arrived but shrugged it off as it wasn't unusual to have many people on their room as they liked when she read their cards and Ally was really popular among people (especially after becoming friendly with Audrey last year)

Freddie blinked a few times as she collected her thoughts and then simply said "Writing a letter to my father" Then added "Sometimes I wonder why they installed a phone booth at Bargain Castle if they are not going to let us use it"

"It's not like our parents would know how to use it" Yzla said shrugging "Most of them haven't been in front of a phone in decades, even before being sent to the Isle"

"True" Freddie conceded but added "Still it would be more practical than writing letters and waiting for a response, hell I even think that the goblins at the docks delay the letters in purpose"

"I don't write to my family" Yzla commented shrugging and getting sat on the floor "It's not like Yzma would know how to send a letter nowadays, she has been gone for a while, and Zevon is too focused on his revenge or something like that to really care to respond"

Freddie made a non-committal sound as she kept writing her letter trying not to think about Zevon and CJ, even when they never dated it made her sick to think about them together as there had been some attraction between them.