"I guess, before that, the fox would eat the wolf alive out of hunger."

I left the room with those words. He can be such a handful at times, but my idiot Anderson is so cute, isn't he?

#####

"Alex is married, Dylan got married last month and here I am still a virgin.", Aaron said after drawing up the transparent partition, in the car.

"Aww does that hurt you so much?", I asked playfully.

"Yeah, occasionally. It has been two months since you shifted Walter Marketeers' HQ to New York."

"Owing to which, my sister is still having a hard time fixing things up alone in California branch, and here I am going for a dinner party."

"I'm sure she'll handle it all well."

"That she will, but it is all so hard for my family. Just four months ago we had company's 50th Anniversary and two months later the shifting, with tabloid headings, 'A Shift of legacy' and 'Extension or a War of Walters'. Like seriously? They think me and Grace are in some sort of fight over the company?"

He took my hand in his and gently squeezed it, "I told you, I could have done it instead. You should've let me..."

"No Aaron.", I cut him off, "You are here. Alex, Amy, Dylan they all work here. In fact, our company too has much scope here. It was my call to make."

"Are you happy about your decision?", he gazed into my eyes.

"Yes I am, but..."

"No buts then. Never care about what people say as long as you are."

He pulled me closer to his chest and gently planted a kiss on my hair. His touch itself clears all doubts inside my heart. The doubts that aren't supposed to occupy any part of me.

"You did the shifting, all for me.", he caressed my cheek. "Thank you for being in my life, for loving me. If it wasn't for you, I had been a vicious fool my entire life. I love you."

"Okay."

"Just okay?"

"You're not getting any love as long as I'm hungry.", I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You can eat me if you want. I bet I'm tastier than your average food.", he said with a smug look.

Before I could say anything, the car came to a sudden halt.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

"I'll go and check.", he said stepping out of the car, following the driver.

I peeked outside the window to find the road nearly deserted. Only few vehicles were seen passing by.

Moments later, coming over to my side and opening the gate, Aaron informed, "Looks like we won't make it in time."

"Puncture?", I asked stepping out.

"Engine failure.", he said.

"By the time the help comes, come let's stand there.", he said pointing to the edge of the bridge we were standing over.

We slowly moved there to find the river flowing smoothly under it, looking godly below the dim moonlight.

"You remember something?", he asked.

"Sydney.", I sighed.

"That day I thought it was the end.", he spoke in a glum tone.

"But it wasn't.", I smiled, looking at him, "Don't forget the beach, the sea that brought us together."