5. Combat

AARON

It was Dylan's idea to while away Friday night in the club. I agreed for it seemed much needed to clear my mind of the unwanted thoughts continuously storming my mind since the return of that woman.

While in the VIP lounge, Dylan saw a friend from the corner of the glass window, for whom he left me alone.

Again, the same thoughts, to escape which I came to this place, started tormenting me. The memories spent with her started piercing my heart like needles.

Hence, I came to the public area to distract my mind from traversing back to old thoughts of the best and worst times of my life.

I made my way to the bar counter, brushing off random women, all trying to cling onto me. On reaching, I ordered my drink and the woman sitting next, whose back was facing me, caught my attention. She looked strangely familiar.

I was dazed when she turned around all startled. What is she doing here?

Before I could speak anything, a woman came to me with a drink, placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey handsome, wanna have some fun?"

I don't like anyone touching me.

"Not interested.", I replied, removing her hand off me.

"Come on, a little dance won't hurt." She is so clingy.

"Would you leave yourself or I won't mind bothering security.", I said in my usual cold tone. Terrified, she instantly left without a word.

I might have charms but that doesn't mean I'm on sale for any random chick.

"The Heartbroken Heart-breaker.", the woman beside me smirked. Is she mocking me?

Turning towards her I said, "I suppose the work I gave you is completed Ms. Walter."

"Wasn't I supposed to finish it before Monday morning? And what are you, my school teacher?"

"Your boss."

"Oh my God, I'm scared.", she dramatically said.

"Behave Ms. Walter." She is testing my patience.

"I guess this ain't your office Anderson."

She's half drunk, pointless to argue now. But what is she doing here?

"Are you trying to stalk me?", I asked coldly.

"What are you? A Kardashian whom I would waste my time stalking?", she scoffed, meanwhile my drink arrived.

"You can't deny the fact that I am a popular figure.", I smirked.

"Yes, a narcissist popular figure."

Before I could retort back, Dylan arrived us with a blonde girl, whom he supported, holding by the waist. She appeared totally wasted.

"Hey Aaron, good that you came this side. Meet her, my new friend, Amelia.", Dylan introduced the girl.

"Hello, Mr. handsome 2.", she slurred to me with an idiotic grin. I could just nod.

Dylan then added, "You know Amy, he is your friend's new temporary boss."

As she heard those words her grin vanished and her face turn red. She came to me and grabbed my collar.

"You asshole of a boss! You are the one who is troubling my Lett. I will kill you.", she yelled tightening the hold on my collar.

Somehow Dylan managed to pull her back, but she continued throwing murderous threats at me like, 'I'll chop you', 'I'll eat you alive' and what not.