12. A Plea

SCARLETT

I Felt numb. After five years, I neither have words, nor strength to face this topic.

"I never did. It was you who left.", I whispered, increasing the intensity of his gaze.

I could see the old Aaron back. The handsome innocent lad with sapphire blues eyes.

Feeling uneasy, I turned around to leave, only to be tugged by the wrist. Aaron pulled me towards himself on the bed and again our nearness feared me.

I don't want to feel the same things that I went through once. After a good thing comes a bad one.

"You know I could never feel the same way for anyone after you.", he said carrying a broken expression in his eyes.

"Neither could I. Five years Aaron, for five years I felt nothing but emptiness because of you.", I said.

"Me Lett? I did everything for you. It was you who stepped over my heart. It was me who suffered.", he slurred.

None of us said a thing after that, just tried to find answers in each other's teary eyes that forbade to give away the secrets. His hand gently caressed my cheek as I felt a shade of affection in those drunken blues.

Taking me by surprise, his lips crashed onto mine. Unable to think, I let his tongue fight with mine and kissed him back. I felt the world around vanishing.

It was smooth and slow, quite unlike the rage he has for me. He was gentle and the way his hands gripped my waist, sent butterflies down my stomach.

I felt every teary night I had spent, shadowing in the light of this moment, which I missed for five years. He savored my lips, like a thirsty man sucking every last drop of water in a desert.

Everything he did, everything that happened just disappeared for the moment. All that matters right now is he, who's in front of me.

The moment ended with both of us gasping for air. I tried to get up but he pulled me back making me fall beside him.

"Please stay.", he whispered, griping me in his hold, as if I would vaporize the minute he'll set me free. It's this touch that I longed for.

I gazed at the face of the man laying beside me, as he stroked my short hairs gently, who was looking me back.

He is the man who left me. He is the man who troubled me. He is the man whom my stupid heart loved or maybe loves. Drunken thoughts are sober, right?

He came closer and softly kissed my forehead. His hand then traveled down to settle on my waist, as he pressed me against his chest. His fragrance, a mixture of cologne and alcoholic smell, succumbed me as my hand stopped over his heart, pounding steadily within.

"I wish you had never left me.", he mumbled softly, audible enough, kissing my hair.

"I wish you had given me a chance.", I muttered back.

Silently, I stayed there beside him. I don't want to lose my old Aaron again. I want to live the present moment.

#####

My eyes half-opened with a terrible headache. I felt something heavy and warm around my waist. I tried to remove it but it's too heavy.

I don't remember buying any cushion of such kind. I looked down to find Aaron's one arm wrapped around my waist and the other one below my neck. I also felt a gauzed-footed leg tangled with mine.

Not only that, behind my head was his chest with his head resting above mine. We snuggled!

Holy Shit! I instantly removed his arm and got out of his tight grasp. I can't believe I slept with him. Our clothes are still intact, so probably nothing happened last night. Thank God!