32. Planning

AARON

God! Why? Why did it happen to me? This feels so painful!

Years ago, it was hard to accept things and now that I know the truth, it is even harder.

My anger was the real reason for my suffering all this while. Had I listened to her at that moment, we might have been together. Things could have been better if it wasn't for my ego and maybe jealousy.

"You are a sick, arrogant bastard.", Amelia hissed to me derisively. Good that she's sitting away, otherwise, her fighting instincts are no less harmful than her friend's.

"I can't believe my brother is such a nut.", Rachael's eyes were already pouring down tears.

"That was why she didn't want to work on this project. I'm angry at myself to involve her in it. Lett never said, but she might have suffered a lot seeing your face around her all this while. It's only because of you.", Alex said slamming his fist on the table.

"Shame on you, knucklehead.", Dylan, sitting next to me, struck my head with his palm.

Their words increased my gloom several folds. I am the reason for my pains as well as hers.

"Anyone left to curse?", Dylan asked.

"Jacob and Riley.", Amelia replied.

"No, we're good.", Riley said waving a dismissive hand.

"I'll volunteer on your behalf.", Amelia flared up, "You narcissist, mean asshole. You deserve to remain single forever!"

As my eyes dropped to the ground with disappointment, a tear escaped from the corner of my eye, my heart being unable to control. Since college, the only person who saw me cry was my Lett, no one else. Today however, I could no more hold back my tears.

"Calm down guys... Look at him.", Jacob said.

Noticing my tear, Dylan embraced in a bro hug. Rachael followed and clutched us from other side and soon the remaining four too joined the cuddle party.

All pulled back when Dylan said, "Guys y'all will strangle him."

"She would never forgive me.", I said once all returned back to their seats.

"As she should.", Amelia said shrugging.

"I agree. She's so stubborn.", Alex said sighing.

"Excuse me? It's this man who's more stubborn.", Amelia pointed me.

She then grabbed her head and continued, "Hell, I don't even know why I agreed to help you. You hurt my Lett. She is better off without you. But it... it just doesn't feel right."

"I understand you Amelia. Sometimes, it is just what it is. There's no right or wrong. It's just how we feel.", Riley tapped her shoulder.

"I'll talk to her.", Rachael offered after a short silence.

"No.", Amelia interjected, "As far as I know her, she shouldn't find out that all of us know your story. Else, she would leave this place right away and go back to California. Then, we'll be left begging the security of her house to let us talk to her."

"You're right. Lett would do everything possible to keep us away, in that case. It would be difficult to stop her. She is just like a tsunami, uncontrollable.", Jacob added.

"This situation is so hard to deal with.", Dylan sighed.

A second later he suggested, "Write an apology letter to her."

"She'll tear it without sparing a glance.", Rachael said.

"Go to her with coffee and talk it out.", Dylan suggested again.