9. Blackmail

SCARLETT

I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door to see the intruder and found Aaron standing in front.

By the way, I found two more members of anti-Aaron squad. Five so far.

Wait, how can I forget Amy. We are six!

Now back to the devil in front of me. He's looking angry as hell. Am I in trouble?

He pushed the door open and yelled, "What do you think you did?"

Uh oh, the plan backfired. I expected this. What should I do next? Become an innocent girl?

"What are you talking about?", I asked placing my hand on my waist.

"You know better. Where. is. it?", he growled.

"Where's what?", I again asked trying to be cool.

"Stop that act. Where's my laptop?", he said through gritted teeth.

"How would I know that?", I shrugged.

"Okay, you want it the other way, fine.", he said and then pushing me aside he went straight to my bathroom, returned with a bucket full of water and raised it above my bed.

"Hey hey hey. No, you are not doing that.", I said with waving my finger. He looked at me furiously and emptied it on the bed in a go.

Holy shit!

"You skunk of a person!", I wailed in shock. Where would I sleep now?

"I'm asking last time where is it?"

"I'll feed your laptop to pigs.", I said through gritted teeth.

"Pigs don't feed on semiconductors. Tell me where is it?", he asked coldly.

I said nothing but glared him irately.

"Fine.", he said and again went to the bathroom, returning a moment later with another bucket of water.

Pushing me aside, he went with it to the couch and splashed the water in that too. Here goes my last option of a sound sleep!

He threw the bucket aside wildly and said, "What you thought, being allowed to stay in my house gives you freedom to pull out such acts?"

Rachael involved me to pull out this prank and I'm regretting to have agreed. She also told, she had done it many times, as his brother is a workaholic and she wants him to take rest sometimes.

So technically, he should be approaching his sister first. Probably he came here because enemies are the first to be reproached, right?

"It was. Your sister's idea. Not mine.", I crisply said folding my arms.

"I don't care. All I know is, you were involved. Now, you can sleep with some peace. Good night.", he sneered looking at the soaked bed.

"I won't let you ruin my night and sleep peacefully.", I challenged.

"What would you do? Go to my mom, disturb her sleep and complain. You're so weak to fight on your own, I see."

"I know well how to fight for myself. And for your kind information, I won't go to your mother."

His brow furrowed at my words.

"You can't do anything."

"I can. I'll go to your sister's room. She would most probably share her room with me. Maybe then, I'll also tell why I needed it and maybe she'll tell your mom too about it tomorrow."

I moved out of the room not before seeing his face turn a lighter shade, with anger still intact. I love the effect Mrs. Anderson has on him.

I reached Rachael's room and just when I was about to call her name, a hand came from behind me and covered my mouth.