10. Fazed

AARON

I woke up at seven to an empty room. Where has she gone?

Wait, why should I care? It's good if she had left.

After freshening up and doing my morning routine workout, I headed for breakfast.

Today is Sunday and I've got no much important work to do, except checking a document that I should've done last night had my sister and her friend not resorted to pilfering.

After the work, maybe I could binge watch a good movie in the afternoon and relax.

I could have hung around with Dylan, but he is too busy with that pesky chick from the club, to have time for me.

He had a date with her yesterday, and the Romeo riled me in the evening, nearly ten times sending his pictures and asking how he was looking.

Today I buzzed him to get his phone switched off. This hints that either he's in a jungle or doing something I wouldn't want to know of.

I strode down to the dining table, to find only my sister and parents seated there. Where has the troublemaker disappeared?

"Good morning bro.", Rachael greeted.

"Morning." I took my seat and a maid began serving me.

"Rachael, I'm warning you, next time you dare take away my laptop and I'll wipe off every single piece of data from yours." Because of this girl, I had to suffer a worst night yesterday.

"It was Saturday night and I knew you won't quit before 3, as you usually do. You should thank me for getting a sound sleep.", she averred and resumed eating.

"Yeah, it was really very sound.", I said, as though they could notice the irony.

"Where's your friend? Sleeping yet?", I asked.

"She left half an hour ago. Just told there's some important job that needs to be taken care of, after which she has to visit your office. Really bro? You ruin people's Sundays too. Could you be any viler?"

She's went to office? I don't remember asking her to go there. Wait, yes. I gave her some work on Friday. Maybe it's about that.

"Sometimes be easy on your employees, son, and try to be less of a sadist.", my mother said, taking a bite of her pancake.

"Your words are falling on deaf ears, honey.", barbed my father. Yes, he's right.

"Thanks for speaking on my behalf Dad."

"I never get why you both are always putting down one another.", Rachael opined.

"The young man has earned much arrogance along with money, princess.", he sneered.

"I inherited your qualities. Isn't it father?"

"I never uselessly bought a whole hotel, just because its manager refused to give me a suite because of unavailability.", he said.

"He humiliated me.", I argued.

"Is saying 'I'm sorry Sir but I can't help' considered humiliation?", he scoffed, louder this time.

"Enough now, you both big men. Good that Scarlett isn't here. I want no more brawl on the table now.", Mom rebuked.

He could never appreciate me, so I don't care. Whatever, the good thing is that I don't have to see Scarlett's face the whole day.

#####

"Hey bro. What are you doing?", Rachael barged into my room, in the afternoon.