Part 35

"Are you sure everyone's cool with me being here?" Akira mumbled as he climbed the steps up to the toman meeting temple with Asahi and Mitsuya.

"Your boyfriend asked you here dumbass. If Mikey said it's fine then it's fine. Why're you so freaked anyway?" Asahi asked, looking to his best friend while sticking his hands in his pockets to block his skin from the cold air.

"I quit Toman remember? What kinda captain quits on their men?! I just- I don't think anyone still wants me as their captain." Akira sighed, his warm breath causing the air to look like smoke as he spoke.

"Pfft- You were the one who stopped Taiju from killing all of us before Mikey got there. I don't think I've ever seen someone break another person's hand with a lead pipe." Mitsuya chuckled, bandaids still littered across his face from his little sisters. When Mitsuya and Asahi got home from the fight at the church, Mitsuya's little sisters plastered as many bandaids onto their bruised faces as they could fit.

"That was luck, I don't even remember getting up." Akira sighed as they arrived at the top of the stairs finding a huge crowd of Toman.

"Yo! Akira! Do you mind if I steal you for a second?!" A voice asked out causing Akira to turn his head, finding the person he least expected to see at a Toman meeting.

"Uh- Sure. I guess." Akira shrugged, looking to Asahi who nodded to him, wanting his two friends to talk to each other. The black-haired boy walked over to Kota, eyeing him suspiciously. The last time he'd seen the boy he had stuck a knife to his throat and threatened to kill him.

Akira cut his thoughts off when a new earring hanging from Kota's ear caught his attention. He knew that Kota had always wanted to get his ears pierced but he never had, at least when they were friends.

"Finally got your ears pierced hmm?"  Akira asked, motioning towards the dangling earring causing Kota to lightly smile, nodding as he reached up and touched it with his finger.

"Yeah- Yeah I did." Kota simply spoke, a soft, content smile on his face. Akira's mind ran through all of the memories he had with the boy and not once did he ever look this happy.

"Listen- uh- I know I fucked up. In a big, big fucking way and I'm trying to make amends with that. I don't even know what happened, I just spiraled. It started with a stupid crush and then it just kept going and going and I lost control." Kota spoke, staring at the boy with clear regret in his eyes. Akira didn't speak, he just took a deep breath and nodded, showing him that he wanted him to keep going.

"Akira even though I did everything I did, said everything I said- I never stopped caring about you. You and Asahi, you were my brothers and I fucked that up I know things aren't going to go back to the way they used to be I know that. I realized that I never apologized so Akira Baji, I am so so fucking sorry about everything I'd done. But I want the chance to earn your trust back. Please- let me join Toman under your command." Kota spoke, bowing his head at the boy. Akira looked at the boy, his mind and his heart debating each other. Akira sighed as he closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know if I can ever forgive you for what you did..." Akira sighed before opening up his eyes. Kota nodded, standing straight up and giving the boy a sad smile. Kota knew that this was coming, he didn't expect Akira to forgive him but he needed to apologize to him.

"But- I would like to try," Akira spoke, his voice soft as it reached Kota's ears. The pink-haired boy turned around finding Akira looking at him with a small smile.

"So- yeah. Yeah, you can join... you'll be under watch all of the time and-" Akira was saying before he suddenly felt arms tightly wrapped around his waist. Kota picked the boy off of the ground as he laughed.