Part 14

Akira stumbled to the ground, the knife sticking out of his side. He felt tears pool in his unswollen eye. Why did Kota do this? What did he do to hurt his best friend so? Why was he crying?

He felt the heat in his face begin to drain, was this his death? He was going to die in a parking lot to the tune of a gang war? No, he just got his life back! He couldn't let it slip away now!

He felt his arms move on their own as he clawed his way forwards, making his way to his friends. He needed to make it to them, not only was he injured but so was Draken.

He finally made it to one of the gang members, grasping his foot and shaking it to get his attention.

"Huh?" Mitsuya asked, looking down at his foot and following the arm that was grasping his foot to the matted black hair of Akira.

"H-Help Draken." Akira sputtered out, not worried about himself. Mitsuya's eyebrows furrowed as he looked over the boy before he saw the black knife handle sticking out of his side and the crimson blood trail following him.

"Oh, shit, Who is- oh SHIT! MIKEY! BAJI! ASAHI!" Mitsuya shouted in horror getting all of their attention. Baji looked over to his friend, curious about what his friend was yelling for. Much to his surprise, he saw a familiar T-shirt crumpled on the ground, Akira's very unique sneakers sitting with them. Realization dawned on him as he looked at the crumpled mess, it was his brother.

"No- Draken! Save Draken!" Akira grunted, motioning towards the other wounded boy, seeing Takemichi arriving next to the boy. Oh good, Takemichi was there, he could save the boy, right? On his own

A sigh of relief breathed through the fading boy's lips as he heard the sound of people running towards him.

"Aki- What happened? Oh, Jesus, you've been fucking stabbed? Again?" Asahi asked in horror, bending down to inspect the wound, knowing not to pull the knife out

"Fuck, fuck. FUCK! How the hell did you let yourself get stabbed dumbass?! How could you be so stupid?" Baji shouted as he arrived to the group, fighting any Mobius members who dared to get near them.

"Shut up, Keisuke... shit happens, right?" Akira breathed out causing Baji's anger to grow. Asahi sighed, slightly ripping the boy's shirt near the wound. His eyes softened when he saw the blood pooling under him, along with the scars that laced his back. Akira had told him about how he'd gotten so many, but this wasn't the time for that.

"Who the fuck did this?! Who stabbed my brother, Mitsuya?!" Baji yelled out before turning around and punching one of the Mobius members that had been rushing towards them. Two of the three people that the boy had called had arrived, where was the invincible Mikey?

"I'm coming! Stay there, Azure! I'm coming!" Mikey's voice shouted out as he fought through the crowd, laying waste to all of the people in his way.

Akira sighed as heard the voice, as much as he hated to admit it, he couldn't see Mikey right now. If he did, he wouldn't have anything left to fight for. All he had left was seeing him again and if he saw his face, was able to apologize for being mad at him, he'd be able to die.

"Asahi, Keisuke- I'm going to get to Takemichi and Draken, you wanna cover me?" Akira mumbled, his face still against the concrete. Baji looked at the boy as if he was insane while Asahi nodded, agreeing that was the boys best chance

"Why the fuck would you go with them?! Mikey's coming, he can take you to the hospital on his bike! His is the only one big enough for two!" Baji shouted, remembering that night, how Mikey got the bike. Was this atonement for what happened that night? Losing his own brother?

"Baji! If Takemichi can get them both to an ambulance, they can help stop the bleeding on the way to the hospital! Plus, a bike would be too unstable for his state!" Asahi yelled at the boy, leaning down to help the boy up.