~Ten~ Fairies Breaking Spells

Start from the beginning

Looking in to the room, I say to Jimena, "It's a royal guard, I'll be back." Too distracted for a reply, I close the door as soon and the guard leads the way.

I clasp my fingers together in front of me and let out a puff of air in order to ease my nerves as we turn the last corner to the throne room. The guard opens the door for me at our arrival.

Against the wall opposite to me, there is a slightly raised platform where the thrones of the Prince, King and Queen are placed side by side in that order. Having visited this room when I'd told the King and Queen about my decision to train, I'm already familiar with the simple yet posh decor. The beautiful potted plants at each nook and the chairs with fancy engravings neatly arranged before the platform for those who visit.

Just as I'd anticipated, the royals aren't the only ones waiting for me. Akriath along with a non-shimmering man and woman I'd never seen before are all sitting on guest seats, eyes on me, like the royals.

"Ah, Blessing, you're here. Come and have a seat please," King Therwin says.

I bow slightly to the three, muttering "Royals" as I did (a greeting I adaped since everyone else does the same) before taking the seat next to Akriath, the man and woman are sitting at her other side. They could probably pass as human were it not for their pointy ears. The woman has her purple-tinged blonde hair in a ponytail and wears a simple gossamer dress. And the man, who is sporting trousers that only go past his knees and a cap sleeved shirt, has dark hair. Both have bright green eyes that heighten their stares.

Fairies. You're looking at fairies.

"I suppose you already have an idea of what you're here for?" the King still speaks to me, smiling knowingly. "Blessing, we would like you to meet Ilayda and Hai Dewberry from the Fairie Realm."

"Nice to meet you," Hai says cooly whilst he waves once, his little and ring fingers slightly bent.

"What he said," Ilayda adds blasely.

"Nice to meet you too," I reply, mostly to Hai.

"Right then, if we're done with the pleasantries, Hai and Ilayda are relatives of Akriath who she's asked to see if they could break the spell keeping your powers concealed. Surely they've told us this won't be easy, for they aren't the fairies who put such a strong power-concealing spell on you. And, the spell has been a part of you for so long that we can't guarantee breaking it would be painless. Howbeit, Blessing, are you ready now?" King Therwin finally asks, he's countenance a deeper shade of serious.

I've waited anxiously for the past couple of days, having already committed myself to at least try to help. I have nothing to loose, so it's better now than later.

"Yes," comes my distant reply, though making sure the King sees the decision in my eyes, "I am."

He nods at me, then turns to the two fairies and nods at them too.

Hai and Ilayda take to their feet and I quickly do the same. Gulping and taking a step back at their intensely green stares. They each raise an arm armed with wands aiming at me.

The room suddenly feels small and my gaze swivels to the person on the right side of the King. Easily the only person whom I feel understands me, even if it's a little, in this room. Xanthous looks at me intently, I believe his eyes are telling me to be brave, though I see concern in them too.

I start to get that tingly feeling all over my body again, a feeling I can never forget because it was the last thing I remember before appearing here.

I turn to the pair of fairies only to be met with two fairie dust beams of light that now connect us. There's a heavy pulsing instantly spreading through out my body from somewhere within my chest. I shut my eyes and clench my teeth as the tingly feeling then increases to more of a painful pinching.

Mistily, I sense I've fallen to my knees as I'm advanced to a harrowing sensation that feels like my skin and flesh are being pealed off layer by layer. Leveling with the floor as l clutch my mass of braids, I let out an ear-splitting scream, not being able to hold it in anymore.

"Stop! She's in too much pain!" says Xanthous' worried voice. I'm slipping out of consciousness at this point.

"But it's w-" is the last thing I hear before I could listen no more.

A/N ~ OMG! is all I can say for the happenings of this chapter. I can't believe I'm already at the point where I start physically torturing my characters.🤦

Anyway, I'm so so sorry for the late update, I guess I realised how real things are getting and was super indecisive on the perfect way to end this chapter and start the next...until now. Hugs and thanks to everyone one still reading!! And please let me know your thoughts in the comments and vote if you enjoyed!!❤️

<3 M