"Another valuable gift? You must really have made an impression on him!" she giggled.
"The dagger is worked beautifully!"

"Mhh!"

"Now tell me!"

She told Moti of the attraction he exerted on her, of the unknown feelings she felt inside her in his presence, that he had the dagger made especially for her and had called her registaan ka gulab. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment. Moti just smiled faintly and kept her thoughts to herself.

"And then ... then ...!"

"What and then?" She asked breathlessly.

"Then, then he kissed my hand!" Jodha turned dark red and bowed her head uncomfortably. Moti's smile deepened but suddenly she became serious! There were clearly feelings floating in the room here! Hey Kanha!

"You don't say anything!"

"When I say what I think, won't you ram the dagger in my back either?" Moti asked uncomfortably.

"Moti!"

"Jodha, do you feel anything for the emperor?" she asked softly.

"Uh ......! Of course not!" she said quickly. "He is a ... friend!"

"So ... a friend ... well! The day after tomorrow is the wedding! After that we will certainly leave soon. In Amer, your daily chores will soon bring you to other thoughts."
"At least I hope so!" she thought worriedly.

"You are right! Will you bring me some fruit, please?"

"Pakka!"

Moti opened the door and ran into a servant who was busy outside Jodha's room. Torches fell from her arm to the floor.

"Can't you pay attention?" she snapped at Moti.

"I can ask you the same thing! What are you doing in front of the Rajkumari's room?" Moti asked suspiciously.

"I'll do my work and swap the torches." She sullenly pointed to the torches on the floor and the holders on the wall.

"Oh wait, I'll help you pick it up."

The servant put a new torch in the holder and went on with her work.

_____________________________________________________________

Fadhil was on the way to Atgah Khan on behalf of Jalal. "Ah today is my lucky day" he thought happily.

"Moti Bai!"

Moti looked around confused when a voice called her name.

"Moti Bai!"

A memory stirred in the back of her mind. She quickly pulled her dupatta over her face. The handsome fellow who brought the emperor's message to Amer! A smile crossed her face and unnoticed she let her eyes wander admiringly over Fadhil.

"What do you want?" she asked perchly.

"Umm ... I'm glad that we meet again in Agra!" he said lame.

"Good for you! You are stealing my precious time. The Rajkumari is waiting for me! Phir milenge!" She turned her back on him and left him puzzled.

Fadhil looked after her in consternation. She had rejected him! He cursed himself, because he couldn't say anything better. Dejected, he continued on his way to Atgah Khan.

_____________________________________________________________

The harem was buzzing with anticipation for the mehndi ceremony! Little by little the ladies gathered in a large room in the fort. Precious carpets were spread out on the floor. There were stools and soft cushions everywhere, inviting you to sit down. Sheets of fine fabric were stretched between the pillars which gently waved back and forth. A large throne-like chair with cushions had been provided for Bakshi. There she sat surrounded by girls and women who chatted excitedly and giggled. Vessels of henna paste were ready and the ladies watched as fine floral, peacock and mango patterns were painted on Bakshi's hands and feet.