What Am I To You?

Katherine's POV

"Elena..." I called out to her realizing what I had just done. I hurt her, she thinks she's incapable of trust but that's not the truth. I am incapable of trusting anyone. I don't trust people even if they're just trying to be good to me.

"What Katherine ?" she says to me in a less firm but still broken voice. Seem like she isn't mad anymore. But why is that ? She was mad a moment ago. Why do I even care about what she thinks ?

Elena's POV

"What am I to you?" 

"What do you mean by that?"

"Katherine...I...What are we ? Are we friends ? Are we enemies ? Are we just doppelgangers ? I know we've known each other for just a few hours but...I...I just...I don't know...just please tell me what we are."

"Elena...I...I don't know."

Katherine's words pierced into my heart like a dagger. I didn't know why but I was hurt. She doesn't know what we are. So now I am just her copy and obviously she is the better looking one. Why do I even feel the need to be her friend? She is a vampire and whether I like it or not there is a chance for her to hurt me. She can't control her bloodlust and what if she hurts me? What if she hurts me right now? And this tingling feeling in my stomach. What does that even mean? I thought I was straight. Well that is not the point right now. The point is that she needs to go cause I can't control my feelings anymore. 

"Katherine, you need to go."

"But why Elena?"

"I don't know, just...just go!"

"No I am not going until you tell me why. Just tell me already Elena! Why do you need me to go?"

"Why do you keep asking me that ?"

"I need to know!"

"Katherine just stop already!" at this point I was raising my voice so much that the entire neighbourhood could hear me. 

"I can't tell you okay?"

Katherine's POV

She was raising her voice now and I couldn't understand why. 

"Goddammit Elena just cut the crap and tell me!"

"Why do you wanna hear it?"

"Because I need to know what is going on" As I looked at Elena's face I realized she was getting angry by the minute.

"I can't tell you. You know why? Because if I do I might just anger you or something. And I most certainly don't want to piss a vampire off. Ever since we met I have been terribly scared of you but at the same time I feel safe. I don't know why but I just do okay? And don't bother asking me why because I don't have an answer yet. I am still trying to figure out.Just when I thought I could figure it out and get an answer you came here and messed it all up. I mean, we almost kissed Katherine! What do you expect? And also the fact that you couldn't trust me hurt the most because right now all everyone sees in me is a broken girl whose parents died. I know I'm not over it yet and I am not in my best condition right now but I can keep secrets. I thought you'd be different. Despite the fact that you're a vampire I invited
you in. I trust you Katherine! And I know it's messed up but I do. So don't ask me ever again why because I won't be able to answer and UGH GOD! DOES THIS TINGLING FEELING EVER FUCKING STOP!?"

I looked at her in utter shock. What did she just say? Tingling feeling? She likes me?

Elena's POV

FUCK!
TINGLING FEELING? ELENA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? WHY DID YOU BLURT IT ALL OUT!?

As I was judging myself mentally, I saw Katherine still looking at me with her eyes widened and mouth almost opened. Not being sure about what to say...

I fucked up- big time-

So sorry for the late update guyssss :( I haven't been feeling myself lately...sed lyf...BUTTTT I AM BACK AND I WILL UPDATE REGULARLY 💕💕💕 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME AND READING THIS- I LOVE Y'ALL 🥺❤️❤️❤️