The Night We Met

Elena's POV

As I walked to the cemetery under the moonlight, I secretly hoped to get better. To meet someone new, to find love. My relationship with Matt didn't really seem right, and I broke up with him over text after my parents died. He planned a future for us but I didn't see it with him. It just didn't feel right. My head started clouding with thoughts as I walked closer to the cemetery gates.
I made my way towards mum and dad's grave as I suddenly saw a girl standing in the dark. She looked like she was visiting but what would someone do over here at this hour? Questions filled up my head.
I told myself to ignore her and do what I was here for but I just couldn't resist the curiosity.

I stood in front of their graves with all those thoughts in my head. At this point someone else had taken over me. I couldn't speak a word when I stood in fron of their graves when I had so much to say. And then suddenly I feel someone's hand on my shoulder.

I turn around, and- Oh My God ! It's me ! This is me !!
I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw the exact same replica of myself stand in front of me. I noticed her hair, it was different from mine, her dressing was different, her makeup was different and hell she even looked more fierce.

Katherine's POV

I had only heard of my doppelgänger up until now when she stood right in front of me. The same exact copy of me. But it's just that her style was out of the damn window.

Her face turned pale, the confusion was visible. After all, she was real, all my effort was worth it, I finally found her. Elena Gilbert, the Petrova doppelganger.

"Hello Elena", I said to her to break the silence but she was scared. Now that she had heard my voice, it confused her even more. She maybe thought to herself how we were exactly the same. So before she could say anything I said to her- "I am Katherine and you're basically my doppelgänger"
She immediately responded saying, "I'm what? A doppel- what? Who even are you? And...and why do you look like me?"
Ugh! She was so scared, I could tell how boring she was but then again, I had to explain so I just blurted it all out- "You, sweetheart are my doppelgänger, my xerox copy...does it makes sense? nevermind I know it does, and before you even ask, no I am not human, I am a vampire and you are also kind of supernatural because, let's face it- doppelgänger- not like you see that very easily now do you?"....I think I might have been too laid back with my answer but honestly I don't even care, she's boring !

Elena's POV

I couldn't believe a single word that came out of her mouth. A doppelgänger? Vampire? These are just myths. Nothing of this is real, it can't be.

"You're lying, this isn't real, it can't be, vampires are just bedtime stories!" I yelled as I clenched my fist in fear.
"God! No Elena it's real!" Katherine said looking me in the eye as if it was no big deal.
I still didn't believe her, it was like a bad dream. So I asked her to prove it.

"Okay so prove it! Prove to me that you're a Vampire...Your teeth are normal and your eyes aren't red so why should I even believe you?" I said mustering up some courage and suddenly in the blink of an eye I was laying on the ground with Katherine on top of me. The veins under her eyes popped up and her eyes turned red. Her canines became longer and prominent enough for me to notice. Her strength and speed was incomparable to anyone. I was scared to death, I thought she was going to kill me. But she didn't, the veins slowly disappeared, canines became normal and her eyes were brown again.

At this point I couldn't believe what I just saw and felt. I asked for proof and yes she gave me proof but I kept asking myself how all of this is true.

"So, you done? Got enough proof?" She said to me calmly after what happened right now. The way she spoke amazed me. She was just like me, yet so beautiful and confident. She was strong, unlike me. I wanted to be like her, but deep down I knew I couldn't.

Katherine's POV

As I said that her face turned into a semi-frown kinda thing. Guess she wanted a more serious answer. But yea I felt bad for putting her in such an awkward and weird situation. Wait!? Why do I even feel bad for her? Influence I guess...nevermind Katherine...you're a bitch-

I tried to ease her by saying- "I'm sorry about your parents by the way" but she said something really unexpected in return- "You kill people and you're sorry my parents died? You're a Vampire apparently, you feed on human blood. Why do you care?"

Uh...that was mean. "Whoa, Elena, watch your mouth, I could literally kill you right now" I said to her in shock. But I do admit, it was pretty bold of her to do that.

"You should really go home but before that, you will not remember anything when you go home so just do what you were here for and then I will erase your memory" I said with a smile.

Elena's POV

I didn't believe her this time either so I thought of asking her how she could do that.
"So um...how do you do that exactly?" I said with a little bit of fear in my voice. But she replied saying- "Vampires use compulsion to mind control humans who don't intake vervain or wear it...understood?". Even if I didn't fully understand I still did what I came here for.

I sat down in front of their graves and prayed. Prayed that someday we would be reunited because I miss them. Jeremy misses them. Aunt Jenna misses them and we can't rely on her for the rest of our lives. As I thought about our time together before the accident, tears rolled down my eyes, all those years we spent together, all the memories seemed to come back at me all together.

Oukai so this was a really big part...I will update with a new part soon so till then read and support 🥺💕