Doppelgänger?

Narration

Katherine stood there and watched tears roll down Elena's cheeks. Something inside her mind told her to hug Elena and tell her it's going to be okay but she couldn't move from her position. She just stood there like a statue and watched Elena grieve. She remembered the night she lost her parents. Her eyes started watering but she held those tears back. Even though she's the evil selfish vampire, she still cares.

Elena's POV

I didn't want to cry but I just couldn't stop those tears. All I have left now is Jenna and Jeremy. I can't lose them, not now, not tomorrow, never. I will take care of them, make sure they're okay.

"Mom, dad...I promise to take care of Jeremy and Jenna. I love you" I said with my broken voice and eyes full of tears.

I got up and turned around to face Katherine. She was looking at me with a strange gaze, it almost felt like she was lost. All this while she looked fierce and confident but in this moment, she seemed to be vulnerable.

"Wait- why am I even thinking about this? She's a vampire who kills people !" I thought to myself in shock.

Katherine's POV

As I kept thinking about my family and the daughter I lost, I caught Elena staring at me. I snapped out of it and said "What the hell are you looking at ?" to divert the tension between us.
She might have understood, or maybe caught the glance of my eyes tearing up. I can't let her see anything.
I can't let anyone see my vulnerability, for the world I'm the evil vampire.

Narration

Katherine was acting as if nothing happened but deep down she still cares. Elena caught a glimpse of it but couldn't really analyse the situation. After all, Katherine was just a cold blooded killer for her. But a part of her wanted to care for Katherine, be her friend, get to know her.

Elena's POV

"You were staring at me" I said looking in her eyes. Trying to understand if she was really holding back tears or not.
"I wasn't stating at you, I was thinking about something" she said to me in her same fierce tone, the vulnerability was gone, the confidence in her eyes was back. I couldn't understand what happened.
A minute ago Katherine seemed like just a normal person. And right now she was nothing  but a vampire.
I wanted to know the side of her that was holding back her tears. Why did she hold back and why did she feel like crying ?
My head was clogged with questions. I suddenly heard my phone ringing and when I saw the screen, it was Jenna!

Narration

Elena picked up the call and heard Jenna's worried voice. "Elena where are you ? It's 11, I want you back home in 5 minutes!".
Even though Jenna was like Elena's sibling she did fear her a bit. Elena told her she was almost home and very obviously she lied. Jenna hung up and Elena started worrying about how she will get home so fast.

Katherine's POV

Jenna was worried, and it was partly my fault. She was supposed to be home by now. But I didn't want to let her go yet, I just met my doppelgänger !
What if I take her home?

Elena's POV

Jenna hung up, and she was worried. I've never been out this late on a school night. As I was standing there and thinking about all this, Katherine suddenly said, "I can take you home if you want, I'm a vampire so you know, vamp speed and all".
I was really surprised she said something like this.
"You want to take me home?" I said in surprise.
"Uh, yea? Why not? And also it's not like I have something better to do right now" Katherine said with a very mysterious tone.
"I don't trust you" I said to her in a partially scared yet convincing tone.
"Honestly Elena, you'd be screaming for help by now if you didn't, so...you wanna get home faster or waste your time walking and make Jenna mad? Your pick !" Katherine said in her normal manipulative tone.

To be honest, she was right. Somehow, I knew she wouldn't hurt me and maybe that is why I didn't scream out for help. But how can I even trust a vampire ? And I barely know her ! I thought to myself while looking at her in surprise.

"Okay, fine. Help me, but please refrain from killing me", I said to her considering the choices she gave.

Katherine's POV

She agreed!? I thought she might reject my offer. Something just didn't feel right.
Why would she even want to go with me? Is she not afraid anymore? All sorts of thoughts started clouding my head. I was confused but a part of me wanted to see where it goes.
So I said, "Okay miss fragile Gilbert- hold on to me...tightly!"

Narration

Elena held on to Katherine with all her strength. She felt something but didn't know what it was. This feeling wasn't fear, it wasn't anger or even hate. It was stronger than everything else. Neither Elena nor Katherine realised what was happening in their mind. The changes in their behaviour, the changes in their mind and most importantly the uncontrollable changes in their hearts.

Hey guyssss! I am so sorry for such a late update :( my exams are starting soon so I was busy with all that. Hope you liked this part <3 and thank you so very much for supporting ! Y'all are the best 🥺❤️ The next update might be posted sooner than this one :)