Hey there stranger !

Elena's POV

Dear Diary,

It has been 3 months since the car accident. Everyday I wake up and a voice inside my head blames me for everything. If I didn't go the party that day, none of this would've ever happened. Jeremy hasn't been speaking to me, maybe he hates me for what happened. Today is the first day of school after such a long break. Caroline and Bonnie have been with me, helping me through this but I don't know if I will ever be okay.
Today when I enter school, I know for a fact that everyone will be looking at me and asking me how I'm holding up. I can't tell the truth ! I have to lie or they'll see me as "the poor girl who lost her parents in a car accident, the girl who survived a car accident that killed her parents, the girl who's car drove off the Wickery Bridge". But I can't let that happen. I will smile, say 'I'm good thank you'. I will hide my tears, I will hide my vulnerable self. Today is a new day and no-one can know the truth.

I finish writing and hide my diary in the usual spot, behind the gigantic painting in my room. I stand in front of the mirror and say to myself "It's gonna be okay, just smile". I headed downstairs and saw Jenna panicking.

"Hey don't you have a presentation today?" I said to Jenna.
"Yeah and its in- shit now !" Jenna replied while looking at her wristwatch.
"Jenna, calm down, just go, me and Jer will be fine" I said to calm her down a little bit

Then I saw Jeremy walking towards us and he looked at me like I'm a stranger. That hurt me but I can't blame him either.

"Hey, um...here's your breakfast an-" Jenna said to Jeremy and he cut her off saying "No it's okay, I'm having my coffee".

I told Jenna to not worry and leave the house already cause it's getting late.
I heard Bonnie honking outside my house as she came to pick me up, so I asked Jeremy if he needed a ride but not very surprisingly he denied. I nodded, got my bag and went outside.

Bonnie's POV

"Hey Elena ! Get your ass in the car already ! I'm so glad to see you" I said to her, practically yelled but that's fine, I was happy to see her.

Elena was smiling but I could see right through her. She was pretending to smile to hide her pain.

Elena's POV

Hiii~~~~

Bonnie was happy and I was smiling but I'm pretty sure she understood that I was just pretending.

I told her how I was feeling and also that Jeremy wasn't speaking to me at all.
She tried to comfort me and also told me that her grams says she's psychic. Her ancestors were from Salem and they were witches. I looked at the cemetery as we were passing by it. And I hear Bonnie saying "ELENA ! back in the car?". I missed out on what she siad because I zoned out and then she said "I was saying that I'm psychic now". Before she could explain, a bird flew in and hit our car. Bonnie immediately stopped the car and looked at me saying "Oh my god, Elena are you okay ? I'm so sorry, the bird came out of nowhere and- I'm so sorry".

"No Bonnie, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life" I said to her thinking to myself how I was ever going to get better.

Bonnie immediately said smiling at me "I predict that this year is going to be kick ass. I predict that all sad and dark times are over and you are gonna be beyond happy".

We smiled at each other and drove off.

Narration

Elena and Bonnie reach school. Bonnie parks the car and as they enter the school everyone's eyes were on them. Especially Elena because everyone had known of the car accident. They make their way through the crowd and reach their lockers. Bonnie saw Caroline walking towards them from a distance.

Elena's POV

I was talking to Bonnie and she sees Caroline walking towards us. She hugs me and says "Hey, I'm so sorry, are you okay? I missed you!"
Before I could even catch a breath after the almost suffocating to death hug she turns at Bonnie and says "How is she? Is she okay?". I was surprised she asked Bonnie when I was standing right there so I said "Uh- I'm standing right here Caroline". Anyway she hugged me again and this time not very suffocating. I understood she's worried about me but still it's Caroline- she's always extra. She went to class and I looked at Bonnie saying to her "No comments, I'm not even gonna say anything'.

We were going to class and suddenly a new guy passed from beside us walking towards the office. Bonnie said "damn he's hot, look at his ass"...Honestly, he did have a great ass and we sort of followed him and stopped outside the office. Bonnie said again "I sense mystery, a guitar, Seattle". We both laughed at her silly comment but then I saw Jeremy walking inside the washroom looking stoned. I followed him as I was mad.

We had a very irritating conversation. I was trying to get him off drugs and we was not listening. I stormed off from the washroom and boom! I bump into someone. To my surprise, it was the new guy. Gosh, he was hot.

He said to me "Hey I'm Stefan, Stefan Salvatore"
Ofcourse I replied saying my name. I then walked past him and got to class and he was there in my class ! I looked at him a couple of times and he caught me looking- There was something about his glance. All of a sudden Bonnie texted me in class saying "Hot-E looking @ u".... I smiled to myself and kept looking at him with small intervals. I swear to god he was attractive.

Later that day-

Elena's POV

I'm at home sitting on my bed and I get a text from Caroline- "Hey, meet up at grill at 6". I thought about it and decided I should go. So I got up and picked a dress. Though I wasn't feeling myself, I went to the washroom, did very minimal makeup and went to the grill.

As I reached, I saw Bonnie and Caroline talking to each other. I started walking towards them and- "Hey" someone said from behind me. I turned and around and it was him. Stefan Salvatore, the new mysterious guy. I said "Hi, what are you doing here?".
He replied saying- "I'm sort of new here so I was just checking out this grill. You here to see your friends?"
I don't know how he knew what I was here for but then I thought to myself, maybe be saw me with Caroline and Bonnie in school. So I nodded and finally sat beside Care and Bon. It was a long night, we talked, laughed, ate a lot and then decided to head home. I left the grill and started walking towards the grill when I suddenly wanted to visit my parent's grave. So I turned around and walked to the cemetery instead.

This is my first book, so idk if y'all like this- give me suggestions 🥺 I need suggestions- 😭 thank you if you're reading this- pls support and I'll update very soon- <3