Never felt this way

Narration

As Elena held on to Katherine she looked at her for reassurance.
Katherine didn't say a word, instead looked into Elena's eyes and smiled. Messages were conveyed in silence and in that moment under the moonlight they looked at each other in a way no one had.
Without realising or having any idea about what future holds for them, Katherine started running.
Neither of them understood the gravity of their feelings and what that look meant.

Katherine's POV

Why did I smile at her? I've never smiled like that since- 1864?
No it can't be...I can't be falling in love with my doppelgänger! It's ridiculous! This doesn't even make sense...
Katherine! Think straight! You're not falling for ELENA !
Oh my goodness- shit!
I AM FALLING FOR ELENA GILBERT!
I thought to myself in shock but suddenly Elena's voice made me bounce back to the present.

Elena's POV

"Katherine? Hey! Katherine!!" I practically yelled at her but it seemed like she was distracted thinking about something else.
"Oh- uh- yea?" She answered me with a confused voice.
"Um- you kinda just crossed my house so stop"
"Oh *chuckles* sorry- wait I'll run back there* she said to me.

Katherine apologised to me? I thought to myself in surprise.

Katherine's POV

I was lost in my thoughts before I heard Elena yelling my name and telling me to stop. I had crossed her house so I apologised and ran back to her front door.
My mind was clogged with thoughts and I just couldn't think straight. All I wanted was for her to stay with me through the night.

"So, time for me to erase memories" I said walking her to the porch.

"Do you really have to?" She said looking me in the eye.

At first I couldn't register what happened. I thought she hated me and feared and wanted to forget what happened today.

"What? Don't be stupid Elena. You think I'm gonna let you remember me when the only thing I don't want is for people to know I'm here?" I replied with my normal bitchy tone but deep within I knew I wanted her to remember me.

"I'm sorry Katherine but I don't even know those people well. And nobody will know because I can't just go up to people and explain what a doppelgänger is or the fact that Vampires exist. Nobody would ever believe me. Besides, it's not like we can't be friends."

"You wanna be friends with me?" I answered after being surprised by her impromptu speech.

Elena's POV

What did I just say? Shit- ELENA!

"No I mean I can be of use if you want to spy on anyone" I say to her trying to make up for what I said, knowing it was very stupid of me.

I don't know where the urge of being friends with a murderous vampire who looks exactly like me came from. It's not like she's a very good person. She kills innocent people and literally feeds off of human blood. There's no guarantee that she wouldn't hurt me.

"But it's okay if you don't want to, I mean I understand your situation"

Shittt- I fucked up. Why the hell did I even say this to her? What does this even mean? God Jenna please just open the door so that she vanishes into thin air.

"Fine..."

What did she say? Fine? It's fine with her? Oh my god did she just read my mind? Or does she want the same thing too?
Oh no no! That can't be, she wouldn't want to be friends with a fragile human. She must have some ulterior motive.
Just when I was about to say something she looked me in the eye and said-
"I won't erase your memories but you will not speak about me to anyone else in the world"

She compelled me to keep my mouth shut. Wow! Doesn't she trust me? I said I won't tell anyone and she still compelled me!
Why am I even mad? I was thinking to myself when suddenly I heard the door creaking open and whoosh... Katherine was gone before I could ask her why she did that.

Katherine's POV

I heard Jenna walking towards the door. I kept standing because she looked like she was about to say something but before she could even open her mouth, the door creaked and I was forced to run away.

I ran behind a tree as I saw Elena walk into her house and Jenna shut the door. I went near her house and I could hear Jenna almost yelling at her. To be honest, it was my fault. I was the reason she's late.
Wait- Jesus Katherine! Why do you even care? It's your fragile doppelgänger! Stop thinking about apologising to Elena!

My mind told me to stop but it was almost like my heart wanted to apologise. I couldn't resist the urge of going into her room and clearing things between us. So I did it!
I jumped on her window and clung onto it. And I saw her writing something in a journal.

Elena's POV

Dear Diary,

I kept staring at her face while she ran and she looked so beautiful. Her perfectly curled hair flying back, the moonlight reflecting on her face, those shining brown eyes, flawless skin and her perfect lips. I couldn't stop but to wonder what it would be like to kiss her. And I know it's wrong, I know I just met her, I know she's a vampire but I just can't settle the urge that keeps growing on me. When I was with Matt things didn't go as I expected and we both wanted different things from life. Katherine and I are not even possible. She's a vampire, I'm human. She looks exactly like me but slightly taller because of her black high heels. It's like my mind and heart are fighting a war.

And all of a sudden I hear someone say "What are you writing?"
I immediately turn my head towards the window as I recognise the voice and tone.
"Katherine?" I say in surprise. My eyes widen and I don't know what to feel.

"If you don't mind please invite me in, it's not very pleasant clinging onto a window" she says breaking the silence and I gathered my thoughts.
"Oh? Okay...sure..uhm....come in"
I say to her not being sure about why she couldn't enter without my permission.

Guys I am so sorry :( I know I said I'll update sooner but my exams just- ugh...anyways...I don't know if you will like this part or not. 🥺 Please tell me how you would want the next part to be like and once again- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING! I love y'all 💜