Chapter 7

*Troye’s POV*

            We sat there in the warm silence, as I moved my fingers around his purple hair. The sun highlighted his perfections. He was so adorable, and I knew it wasn’t right to like someone like him. We’ve known each other since birth, but met about a week ago. I didn’t expect anything to end up like this. Maybe this wasn’t how it would end up. He has been flirting like mad recently, and maybe it was—No.

            I couldn’t think like that. I was getting my hopes to high. Anyways, he just went through a breakup and I couldn’t be a rebound to him. He looked away from the pond that he had been staring at for the past 5 minutes, and glanced at me. He had a genuine grin on his face, as he opened his mouth to say something, “Troye.”

            His voice was low and gravely, “Hm?” I said.

            He hesitated for a minute, “Remember Disney Land?”

            I thought about it for a while, trying to remember what had happened. I skimmed through the memories, until I stopped at the one in the toilet, “The one in the men’s room?”

            He nodded. I didn’t really want to talk about it, considering it would have made things awkward, when it was already perfect. But I would be lying if I said that there wasn’t a slight tension between us ever since. Even though we cleared things up already, I couldn’t help but think something wasn’t the same. I had to tell him, but I just didn’t want to do it now. Yet, I wanted to know what he needed to say.

            “W-what about it?” I stuttered, nervous about the topic that had been brought up.

            My heart started to beat rapidly as I heard the words that were coming out of his mouth, “You’ve been distant.”

            Fuck.

            I didn’t realize I was being distant. I knew that there was a sort of tension around us, but I didn’t think I was the one bringing it up. His curious eyes stared into my confused and dazed ones. I didn’t know what to say, and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to say anything. I just looked at him, blank faced.

            He looked away, and said, “I don’t know if it’s just me, but I felt you being distant. I was also being distant. I didn’t know why,” he continued, “We act fine Troye, but I want to clear things out with you. Are you sure you’re okay with everything?”

            I didn’t know what to do, “Ty.”

            He let out a heavy breath, “You know, I’m not sure when I’ve started, but I feel like,” he didn’t finish. He just started chuckling to himself, as he got beet red.

            “Ty, you don’t have to tell me if it’s pressuring you,” I remarked, holding his wrist to comfort him.

            He shook his head, “If I don’t tell you, it is going to be harder for me to be around you,” I nodded as he continued. He hesitated more, until he rolled his eyes, “Fuck it we’re having a moment and it’s the perfect time. I can’t be the only one going out of my mind.”

            His words confused me. I searched for any emotion in his eyes but he got too close for me to see. He pulled me with my jumper closer towards him. Our lips were too close, as we froze there.

            It’s happening. Fuck it’s happening.

            I could feel his heavy breath brush my lips. He looked into my eyes, and I found concern in them, and worry. No, not again. No more cancels. He isn’t taking this back.

            He distanced his face away from me, as disappointment filled his eyes. It didn’t happen. I couldn’t think. A sudden hit of confidence swam through my veins, as I ducked my head lower, and shut my eyes. My lips landed on his softly, and I could feel him tense up in my touch. He kissed back quickly, making my stomach do flips. His raised up his back, cupping my face. We kept the kiss soft, and his lips worked well with mine. I felt his mouth open slightly, and he rolled his tongue on my bottom lip, making my heartbeat faster and faster. I opened my mouth, allowing him to enter. His tongue explored my mouth, as my tongue replied. This kiss was still slow, and I could feel his boredom from it, as he tried to speed the kiss up. I teased him, and closed my mouth. He whimpered. I smirked into his lips, before I instantly heated the kiss up, making it more passionate and rough. His hands ran up my neck, pushing me closer as we deepened the kiss even more. We stayed like that for a little more, until he slowed the kiss, and parted our lips.

            We breathed heavily, trying to catch our breaths. I looked at Tyler, whose face was smiling and colored with red. I caught a hint of worry in his eyes. My heart was still beating rapidly, and it beat even faster when I realized what I had done.

            I just kissed Tyler Fucking Oakley.

            My heavy breathes eventually stopped, and I looked back at Tyler, whose grin was gone, and all I could see was worry and concern. What have I done? Why did I have to do that? I didn’t regret it, but I was sure as hell I wasn’t supposed to do that. I then realized that our friendship was most likely to be ruined, and we would never be the same again. I instantly hated myself, and I wasn’t ready for what was about to happen next. This wasn’t a drunken kiss that could have been dismissed—this was real. There were no excuses this time. We both allowed it to happen, yet we—at least I knew it would be awkward. I wanted to stay friends with him, and I liked being friends with him. He just broke up with Korey, and I didn’t want to be a rebound.

            I wasn’t going to let myself be a rebound.

            I felt myself jump slightly as I heard his voice, “Troye?”

            Fuck my life.

A/N: HIIII SORRY I KNOW YOU HATE THESE CLIFFHANGERS BUT THEYRE FUN. SORRY FOR THE EXTRA LONG WAIT AND SORRY FOR THE SHORTEST CHAPTER YET. IDK I WANTED TO END IT THERE CAUSE IT JUST SEEMED FUN AND RIGHT AND IM SORRY IM RAMBLING AND UGH IM EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW. ANYWAYS I KNOW ONLY LIKE 50 PEOPLE READ THIS AND ITS LAME AND NOBODY READS THE AN BUT JUST WANTED TO SAY ILY GUYS FOR ACTUALLY READING IT AND VOTING THIS LAME ASS STORY SO YEAH OKAY BYE ILY GUYS AND I ALSO LOVE TROYE AND TYLER <3