73 | The One With The Return of Madhav

Start from the beginning

"Sure buddy. The soup and the instant noodles will be ready in a jiff. I'm sorry there's not much food except the canned ones and the instant food. I'll get you some proper, fresh and healthy food later. Just try to get a long peaceful sleep after dinner. I'll wake you up when we arrive in Indonesia."

"Uday." Madhav says softly. "Thank you. Thank you very much. Also if you don't mind, can you tell me if you've met my wife and my little one?"

"I did, my friend. I met them both. Twice." Uday says. "Your little one - she's an angel."

"She takes after her mother." Madhav says smiling.

"I agree. She's such a sweet and intelligent little girl. She's very strong and brave too for her age."

Madhav sighs as he tries to remember the loud squeaky voice of Madhu and her big black eyes that shine brightly. Madhu's eyes were bright and beautiful just like Shree's. He yearned so much to hold Shree in his arms and to hear her beautiful voice. "I miss them both, Uday."

"You should have seen how she looked after Shree."

"How-how's Shree?" Madhav asks.

"That poor girl has been torn apart. But she somehow managed to keep a strong face infront of the entire family. Ahaana keeps telling the number of times Shree had an emotional breakdown every night ever since they got the news. Ahaana and your mother-in-law had to move into to the RK Mansion to take care of Shree. Of course a lot of weight is on her shoulders. The family, the company, Madhu and the twins she's carrying and the-"

"Shree is having twins?" Madhav asks surprised.

"You didn't kn-" Uday asks and gasps. "Oh my lord, I spilled the beans and I'm so so-"

"No, that's fine." Madhav says smiling. "We're having twins. There's going to be two little adorable babies anytime soon."

"She's due in another one more month." Uday says.

"I want to be with her for at least the last month. I want to be there by her side when she goes into labour." Madhav says.

"You'll be there. And I'll do everything I can to take you home as soon as I can." Uday promises.

M A D H A V R A M A K R I S H N A

Shree.

My beloved chellam. I saw her again - in my dreams, as I always do. In every dream I saw her seated in a dark and lonely corner, shedding silent tears. I would try to run, and try to hold her but she vanishes the moment I touch her in my dreams.

Tonight, I had a different dream.

She was walking barefoot in our little garden at Elysium somewhere towards sunset. Our beautiful little garden was in full bloom. The sky was spread in a veil of splendid purple, burning with red light as the sun was about to set. The gentle breeze flows to her fair face and pulls out a strand of hair from her hairdo. The warm air was thick with the scent of one hundred flowers, and the whispers and murmurs of insects. The roses dropped its glossy unwrinkled flame red petals onto the green grass. The daffodils which were yellow like the sun stretched their heads to the sky as they swayed to and fro to the soft breeze.

She always preferred to walk barefoot in our garden - very much to my disapproval. She says she loves the feeling of the moist soil on her bare feet. She was wearing a beautiful yellow frock. Yellow - she always looked stunning in yellow, and she looked much better than stunning with the baby bump and the voluminous locks of hair. She was ethereal - glowing with a soft warmth.

The smell of fertile soil mixed with the fragrances of the exotic flowers that bloomed in Elysium pierced her nose as softly and tenderly as possible. Shree sighed with as she opened her arms to embrace the beautiful scenery that surrounded her.

A radiant smile bloom in her face as she plucks a few hibiscus flowers from the shrubs that were growing in the garden.

"Chellam." Someone softly whispers wrapping their arms around her.

Shree blushes as I - or rather the Madhav in my dream, wrapped their arms around Shree. He looked very much like me tall, tanned, handsome and muscular - not like the thin dark tired version that I am right now.

Shree blushes as the Madhav in my dream places kisses on her beautiful neck. He turns her to face him and he plays with her hair as he tucks a big bright red hibiscus. My chellam turns crimson with every kiss placed on her beautiful glowing face. She lets out a playful and bright laugh as she holds his arm.

"So fucking gorgeous and cute." He whispers to her ear. "I love you, chellam."

Her eyes are sparkling like two rare and precious brown gems. "I love you Madhav." She says wrapping her arms around his neck, before kissing him.

I wake up, and find myself in the yacht's bedroom - alone, Uday probably went to the kitchen. It was almost sunrise and we would be leaving in a short while. Tears fill my eyes as I think about Shree. She's probably sobbing in a little corner at home. I yearn to hold her in my arms and to pour my heart out to her.

I lost my wallet and phone when I got castaway to this island. The little picture I had of Shree and Madhu were gone now. I had to hold onto the memory of their beautiful smiling faces.

Uday's satellite phone broke sometime before he arrived to this island, and we had to wait till we reached Indonesia to call home.

This long wait to see her is burning me alive. I am longing to intertwine my soul with yours. My heart feels heavy in my chest. Everytime I missed her, I simply close my eyes and dream about being back with her - holding her lovingly in my arms. Every night, I look up at the sky, and talk to her. Oh, what I would have given just to hear my beloved Shree speak.

To be continued....

-How are you readers?

-How was this chapter?

-What did you like about this chapter?

-How do you like the story so far?

-For more details, update countdowns and sneakpeaks about upcoming chapters make sure to follow our Instagram account! Show us your love and support there too (and yes you can get a follow back if you wish)

Keep the votes and the comments flowing!