Chapter 5 - Doors

When Error woke again, he was immediately hit with how sore his limbs were. He took a moment just to lay there with his eyes closed, basking in the fact that he couldn't feel anyone next to him and that he couldn't hear anyone in the room. It seemed Ink wasn't there. He slowly opened his eyes, discovering the lights were off. He sat up, but quickly hissed in pain and fell back into a laying position. His body hurt. He looked down and discovered his ecto was still summoned from the night, or day, he didn't know, before. That definitely wasn't helping the pain. He tried to desummon it but quickly a shock stopped him and he screamed in pain and glitched violently, his hands immediately going up to the collar to try and yank it off. Of course, it didn't budge. Error began to cry as he pieced things together. This collar allowed Ink a pretty good amount of control over his magic, didn't it? He didn't want to be shocked again, but figured he needed to text just how much magic he could use.

First, he tried to teleport, but of course he got shocked. Then, he tried to summon his strings, another shock. He had to take a moment to calm down and take deep breaths. His body was on fire, begging him to stop experimenting. He didn't listen, summoning a single string once he felt ready. He braced himself, but no shock came. He sighed. Only small insignificant amounts of magic could be used. Otherwise the shock from the collar would not only hurt like hell, but it would destabilize the magic flow and prevent it from actually working. He wiped the tears from his eyes. He looked around, wanting to get a better look at the area.

There were a few things he didn't notice the first time, either that or these were new things. There was a bedside table with a lamp and a drawer. It appeared the lamp must've been connected to the light switch he spotted by the door Ink had came and gone through, which was a dimmer, judging by the fact that the lamp had no wires to be seen. Then he noticed another strange thing and dragged himself over to the lamp. He was correct, and when he tried to pick it up, he couldn't. It was bolted down into the table. He looked down and shook the table as hard as he could. It didn't move, it too was bolted down. He shook his body best he could without causing too much pain. It seemed the bed was stable, but he wasn't sure if that was just the frame or because it was bolted down. He  slowly pulled himself to his feet, stumbling and having to hold onto the wall. He noticed there was a marching bedside drawer on the other side of the bed as he shakily pulled his way to one of the doors, past a dresser and a bookcase with nothing on it, both bolted down at well.

Error reached for the handle of the door and slowly turned it, discovering it opened. He didn't expect it to be an exit, but was still disappointed when it wasn't one. It was a closet. He collapsed to the floor and slowly pulled himself inside, looking around. There were hangers that were pooped to bars so that they couldn't be removed and a few shelves. There was also a light, but Error couldn't give himself the strength to reach up for the light switch. The closet was empty except for one thing, Error's clothes. Error quickly grabbed them, pulling himself up, finding his strength from the happiness of seeing something familiar and comforting. He quickly pulled them on, regardless of how little his body wanted to cooperate, then he laid there, curled up and hugging himself. After what was probably hours, Error finally sat up. He looked around again before crawling out, slowly making his way to the other door he knew wasn't the exit.

He summoned a single string, using it to lasso the doorknob. He pulled himself up using the string, being able to open the door before dropping to the floor again. Gods, his energy was spent. The room was a bathroom. There was a sink, toilet, bathtub with sliding glass doors, a mirror, a built in shelf, a few drawers and cabinets underneath the sink and counte,  a locked cabinet above the toilet, and a few hooks, a fluffy robe hanging on one. There were towels on the shelf and as Error crawled in he found a few plush matts under his hands. Ink must've gotten bored or carried away designing this place. He crawled over to the tub first, looking over it. He thought about the events of what could've been hours or days before and realized he had woken up clean. His body didn't feel very sweaty and gross at all, and he had no... fluids, on any of his parts.

The thought of Ink bathing him awhile he was unconscious caused a full body shiver to go through him. His body felt so violated, and no longer like his own. He just felt like bathing him without his consent was just going an unnecessary extra length to make him feel disgusting and violated. He shook his head, closing his eyes and trying not to think about it, and when he opened them, he noticed something on the edge of the tub in front of him. A chocolate bath bomb. All cutely packaged with a ribbon and a plastic gift baggy, the polka dotted cardboard tags gold colored trim gleaming softly and sticking out, the name of it written in large, golden font. He loved chocolate... so there had to be a catch. What other reason would Ink go out of his way to put something in Error's new prison that he liked? He stared at it for a while. He wasn't going to use it. Ever. He wouldn't mostly because Ink had made it.

But Ink had made everything here.

He looked down at his clothes and got a sinking feeling in his stomach. Quickly he checked the clothes for all the little specific details he knew were on them, and was relieved when he found every last one. Done to the smallest out of place thread. He let out a glitchy sigh. He crawled out of the bathroom, going to the last door... the exit. He knew it wouldn't open, but he also knew Ink was forgetful... maybe he forgot to unlock it. Quickly, he used the wall to pull himself to his shaking feet, determination pumping through him. He quickly grabbed the handle and turned, but screamed the loudest scream yet, falling to the floor in a fit of glitches, curling up and shaking. The pain had been terrible. Worse than any pain he had ever felt in his life. Worse than the first shocks before.

Nowhere near as bad a pain as what Ink had done to him however...

That thought made him quickly latch onto the handle again, screaming in pain at the shock. He pulled through, trying to turn the handle as hard as he could through the agony. Nothing. And finally the pain was too much and he had to stop, somewhat involuntarily because his glitching got so bad he froze up... but he couldn't crash or reboot. His eyes widened as he laid on the ground, clutching the collar in his frozen hands as he glitched in pain. The collar was preventing him from crashing or rebooting. The severe pain and glitching slowly came to a stop and he laid there, staring at the ceiling. One of his top defense mechanisms was unusable... disabled by Ink... just another thing he took from him. Just another thing Ink stripped him of. His hope was crushed, so was his pride. Error began to cry, hitting at the ground violently. After a moment, a pained, soul shattering scream tore its way out of Error's throat, filling the room with echos of the high pitched wail, not at all caused by any physical pain any longer...