"I made it!" She gleefully declares as she steps up onto the pavement. Her sneakers squish beneath her feet as water pours out from the meshy material. Her sopping hair is plastered haphazardly across her face. Her white shirt is practically see-through now, not leaving much to the imagination.

Around us, her audience cheers. Dumbasses. If she hit the pavement, they would have been just as much at fault as she is.

"You jumped from a fucking roof!" It's all I can do not to wrap my hands around her throat and squeeze, which seems counterproductive after just saving her from drowning.

"I know, right!" Ollie bounces with excitement. "I'm going to do it again."

Oh, fuck no.

Just as she takes off to run to the ladder that some shithead set up near the far end of the house, I grab Ollie's arm and jerk her back. "We're going home."

With her like this, it'll be me chasing her down all night and keeping her from doing more stupid shit.

"Aww," Ollie whines. Her shoulder drops as a pout forms on her face. "I thought we were going to party."

"You just jumped into a pool by using the roof as a diving board. You peaked in your party-o-meter." I drag her off around the side of the house to the front yard.

"Come on, Zany." Ollie jerks her arm away. Since she's sopping wet, she easily gets loose. "If you had three more beers you would have been up there with me."

She's probably right, but I'm not three beers in, and she scared the fucking shit out of me. "I'm about five seconds away from tossing you over my shoulder." I grab her arm and drag her around to the front of the house.

"Kinky."

I look back to glare at her, only to find a big goofy grin meeting me. Water Rund over the round cheeks and drips from her chin. There's even a tiny river that sources from her sopping locks and runs down between her-

I force my gaze up from her chest, knowing I can't let any thought drift past friendship.

I shrug off the heavy material and drape it over her shoulders. "Let's get you home before and dried off."

I bundle her up, hoping it's enough to keep her warm. My only means of transportation is my motorcycle. The wind will whip over her and chill her to the bone.

"I don't wanna go home." Ollie pouts. "I wanna see Miss Nancy."

Yeah, like I'm letting you jog over to my Nan's house drunk off your ass.

I glance down at my phone and notice it's almost two in the morning. "She's in bed, Ollie."

"But I could stay over and she can make her apple pie pancakes tomorrow morning!" Ollie bounces off toward my lime-green motorcycle.

Well, at least I'll be able to keep better track of her if she's with me all night. With a sigh, I follow after her. When I reach my bike, I pull my spare helmet out of the saddlebags and put it on Ollie's head. I don't trust her to get it on tight enough in her state. Once it's secure, I grab my full helmet with a raptor face painted on the side and put it on.

I flip the shield on my helmet up and eye her warily before getting on my bike. "Are you even able to hold on and not fall off my damn bike?"

She scoffs and hops on behind me. Her arms wrap tight around my waist, making me feel a little securer that she can hold on while I drive.

"I was born to ride, Zany. I could never fall off a bike."

Let's hope.

I kick off and speed away from the southern coastal home. Pavement soring under my feet helps me settle into my seat. I feel at home on the back of my bike. With Ollie's arms wrapped around me, it eases my nerves to the point that a chuckle rumbles my chest as I think about the perfect splash she made when she hit the water.