Chapter 65: Three Against Six

Start from the beginning

"Dodged the line!" He exclaimed, peeking inside the bag. "I'm so hungry. Can we eat?"

"Uh, let's wait for the rest," I muttered. "Alex just ordered, I think."

A couple minutes of Daniel whining about his hunger passed and finally, Alex came back to us. We pretended nothing happened between us, just casually avoiding any unnecessary interactions.

"Where is she?" Daniel asked, looking around. "What's taking her so long."

"I'm gonna go look for her," I said, an uneasy feeling taking over. I started walking in the direction I last saw her until Daniel grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Trying to find her."

"I literally saw her the opposite direction like two minutes ago..." Daniel said, turning around and pointing the other way.

"What, you think something happened to her?" Alex frowned.

All of a sudden, a girl ran towards us at full speed. She stopped, gasping for air as panic filled her eyes. "Help—"

Daniel's eyes went dark. "I know you. The one that backstabbed Evanna."

She looked up at him, desperation in her eyes as she grabbed onto Daniel's arms. "I— H-help... S-she—"

"Get it out or get out of my way."

Moments like these is when I realize, yeah, Daniel and Brandon share the same blood.

"Cathryn. She's going to hurt Evanna. She— She brought this—"

I grabbed her shoulder. "Where is she."

"Third floor, parking garage."

That was all we needed to hear.

my brothers

Alex carried her out easily in a rush. Thankfully, our car was parked not too far from here. As we ran towards the car, Alex started cursing under his breath. It soon started to become louder and faster.

"Fuck, Andrew, unlock the car right now!"

I didn't need to be told twice.

Daniel opened the door and Alex put her down. When he pulled his hands away, my mind went completely blank for a moment.

Blood dripped from Alex's trembling hands.

I pushed him out of the way as I gently lifted her up, shaking as I saw my car seat stained with blood where she put her head down. "E-Ev, hey, stay with me alright? We're going to get you to the hospital."

Her eyes were fluttering and her breaths were shallow and short. She was trying to say something but it was too quiet and slurred for any of us to understand.

I ran to the driver's seat and started the car. Daniel got in the passengers as Alex sat in the back, putting Evanna's head on his lap as he looked for something to stop the insane amount of bleeding.