A Sizzle, a Spark

Blue

"Damn. Those are some colorful sheets."

I hold my hand in front of my eyes as if to protect my vision from the glare given off by Keegan's lime green and bright pink bedding.

"Surprised I didn't notice those the first time I was in here," I add, hitting her with a sarcastic grin.

"God, don't remind me," she groans, throwing her head back. "So not me. But my mom was all about Lilly Pulitzer, and she gave them to me. I can't get rid of them."

I notice she mentioned her mom in the past tense, and I'm debating whether to ask her about that when she leans over the bed.

And then, of course, I'm distracted by the curve of her breasts under the red Ikana Daily shirt she's wearing.

I grit my teeth; it's taking everything in me not to get an erection.

Fool, get yourself under control.

"Eww," Keegan says, curling her lip as she bunches a corner of the stained bedding in her fist and yanks it off, letting the soiled bundle fall to the floor. "This is so gross. I can't believe I'm having to do this twice in one week."

I had to threaten the fuck buddies in her room with serious bodily harm to get them to leave.

Now, the house is finally quiet, and I'm dead tired.

But I'm probably not as weary as Keegan. She's new to this party house shit. 

And she looks pretty stressed out.

"Oh, crap!" she exclaims. "I just remembered, there's no washer and dryer in this house, is there?"

"Nope. Hunter's stepdad won't spring for it."

She groans again. 

"Fuck. I only have this one set of sheets. There's no way I'm going to the laundromat in the middle of the night."

She peers with distaste at several suspicious-looking stains on the mattress. 

"Maybe I can just spread the comforter on the bed."

Then she cuts her big eyes over to me. "Um, do you happen to have an extra blanket?"

"I do," I say slowly, wrenching my eyes away from her chest when I realize that's where they've drifted. "But I have a better idea. Why don't you sleep in my bed instead? I just went to the laundromat today. The sheets are clean."

Two spots of color instantly show up on Keegan's beautiful cheekbones.

"By yourself, I mean," I rush to explain, trying to banish the instant picture I get of the two of us in bed together. "I can stretch out on the floor in here."

She's shaking her head before I can finish. "I can't let you do that, Blue."

Max, who'd followed us into Keegan's room, puts his paw on her leg and looks up at her like he's urging her to take me up on my offer, and we both laugh.

"See," I say, smiling at her, "even Max thinks it's a good idea."

She blows out a breath and again plows her fingers through her hair, indecision playing on her face.

"Please, Keegan. Just take my bed. You'll be more comfortable there. And trust me, I've slept on far worse."

She's chewing on that luscious bottom lip, and I'm again having to practically break a tooth trying to keep my dick down.

God, the effect this girl has on me.

"I'll be fine," I add, throwing in a wry grin. 

No need to tell her it wouldn't matter where I stretch out; it's rare for me to sleep well.