Part Fourteen- The Yule Ball

The next week or so nothing really happened. Draco has stayed with me every night so I've been sleeping rather well recently. Cedric had found out how to open the golden egg he retrieved in the first task and said that something will have to be retrieved from the bottom of the black lake. No one knew what it was that needed to be retrieved yet though. Cedric also had asked Emily to the ball since I made it very clear that he still has to ask her.

Tomorrow was Christmas eve which meant that it was the day of the Yule Ball finally. I couldn't wait to wear my dress. I really wanted to make an entrance and I believe with that dress I could do it. I also planned to come in slightly later than the rest of the group so everyone can see my dress at the same time. Emily and I planned to get ready together, just the two of us. I felt like it would be fun that way because we can be as much of crackheads as we pleased while getting ready. Dinner today was actually quite fun. Everyone was in a good mood and was excited for tomorrow. Pansy told me she got a red dress which sounded really pretty. Draco refused to tell me what kind of tux he was wearing since I wouldn't show him my dress. I guess it would be a surprise for both of us.

After dinner, we all went to bed since we knew tomorrow would be a very long day. It took me a while to fall asleep because of the excitement but once that wore off, me and Draco were both sound asleep and before we knew it, it was morning.

I woke up rather giddy that morning. I woke up Draco and he seemed to be in a good mood as well. "Todays the day, Dray!" I said, hitting his chest. "I know, I can't wait to see how gorgeous you look tonight in your dress." Draco said in a tired voice but still sounded excited. "Who are you getting dressed with?" I asked Draco as he sat up in bed to hug me. "I planned on getting ready with Blaise and Theodore, but that's only if they don't get on my nerves before then." He said as he pulled me into his chest. "Well I know you're going to look handsome tonight and I can't wait to see you but I have to get going right now." I said to him as I got up. "Wait, where are you going?" Draco asked, getting up as well. "I have breakfast plans with Emily and we're planning to spend the day just me and her and meet you guys at the ball tonight." I explained to a pouty Draco. "That's a long time to wait." He complained. "I'm sorry love, but it only makes the anticipation that much better and we want you ALL to be surprised." "Don't you think I'd be surprised enough even if I was with you all day?" "No Draco, not surprised enough for my liking." I grinned.

I got dressed and threw my hair in a bun (since I would be styling it later) and I put my glasses on since I wasn't wearing any makeup this morning as well. Emily came into my room as I got dressed. "Good Morning you two! Merlin, it really is a good morning and going to be an even better evening." Emily said as she walked in and plopped down on my couch since Draco was on my bed. "Ah stop, I don't want to hear about your evening plans." I replied with a grossed-out look on my face. "Kaitlyn you're just dirty-minded, I was talking about the Yule ball itself you wanker." "Then why would you word it like that idiot. You know not to leave any room for me to think about things." I said from my bathroom. "That is true, it seems as you can't let her think about anything because her mind changes it to the worst possible thing." Draco said. "Don't even say that because you know you do the same thing." I quickly responded to him. Emily just sat and laughed because she knew we were both right.

Once I finished getting ready, Emily and I headed out. We just let Draco be in my dorm, after all, I figured he would go back to sleep since it was pretty early. Emily and I walked to Hogsmeade and went to a small cafe. We used to go there all the time before I left for school a couple of years ago so we felt it was only right to go today. They had the best strawberry crepes, which I've only found in Paris France previously. I also really enjoyed the coffee they had there. We ate and talked about the Yule ball and ended up staying at the cafe for almost two hours.